Is my buddy is a sticky situation?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Permanent37

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks for all the advice, he said he appreciates it. She is actively working to get her charge expunged but for now he is gonna talk to a lawyer and leave his firearms at my place.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm not an attorney, but I know a bit about this topic. If your buddy's girlfriend got a deferred sentence, then she technically was not convicted UNLESS that deferred sentence was accelerated to a conviction. At the end of a deferred sentence, the girlfriend can get an attorney and get the sentence expunged as long as it was not accelerated. If she did receive a sentence that was suspended instead of deferred, she will need to have the attorney begin the process of getting a parole from the governor, if it is a state offense, or the President if it is a federal offense.

Otherwise, if he moves in with her before all the above is cleared up, they will BOTH be in violation of the laws.

Coded-Dude

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
it would seem that the rules about a legal firearm owner living with a felon vary state to state. I would definitely contact a lawyer and make sure before I did anything.

Latest posts

Top Bottom