Is Rock-N-Roll Finally Dead?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mos Eisley

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What I considered the epitome of rockness circa 1984...

i677.photobucket.com_albums_vv132_sbeebe_VHalen.jpg

What's happened to us now...

i677.photobucket.com_albums_vv132_sbeebe_ying_yang_twins.jpg

Such a sham, uh, I mean shame.

Blinocac200sx

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't listen to my rock on the radio much, though sometimes I tune into Radio-U (90.5). Mostly I get my rock from actual albums, Pandora, or Spotify. Demon Hunter released their latest just this month. Good stuff so far.

J

Jckellison

Rock ain't dead... I just think it's the natural progression of becoming your parents. Get older, can't understand rebellious kids and the noise they listen to.

hanson405

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'll preface this by saying I'm 24, but it is getting VERY hard for me to find anything I actually like on the radio. Just the nature of the beast. I was raised on Zeppelin, AC/DC, Rush, Peter Frampton, etc etc. I've recently "discovered" Avenged Sevenfold, which I'm sure you guys probably won't like (Neither does my Dad..) but I like them.

gregorius

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rock ain't dead... I just think it's the natural progression of becoming your parents. Get older, can't understand rebellious kids and the noise they listen to.
This may be true of lots of people, but I am rapidly approaching 40 and my taste in music has expanded dramatically from when I was a kid. When I was in high school I listened to what I thought was rebellious - Metal and Rap, almost exclusively. I still listen to a lot of metal, but much less hip-hop. Mainstream hip-hop is mostly just dumb, not rebellious.
Now I listen to lots of exceedingly weird electronic music, a lot of which is stuff that most people would consider just noise. I listen to a lot of extreme metal that most people are really put off by (just ask my wife), but I also listen to southern rock, old (pre 1980) country and R&B, Jazz - you name it, I probably listen to it. My tastes have changed, but I mostly feel bad for kids today because they must care enough to dig into music, otherwise they all end up listening to garbage with no heart.

Latest posts

Top Bottom