Are forums like OSA becoming a thing of the past?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No, that was always there. You on the other hand are getting older. Have you told anyone to get off your lawn lately?
Ok, I’ll admit to being pretty crotchety, and my tolerance for dumbassery is pretty low. That’s probably why I have 30 dumb@sses on my ignore list.

The fact I responded to your post shows you’re not on it…yet.🤣

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
I feel like the answer is right in many ways, wrong in many ways, and proves a solid point.

I’m a “younger guy” at 35. A lot of guys my age and younger do avoid these forums. Largely because of all the hateful old turds running around. I know for myself I get tired of logging onto here sometimes and just seeing the massive amounts of whining and crying about anything and everything. It’s as bad as Facebook, if not worse. I stopped using Facebook for 3 reasons: the whining/crying, the fakeness, and the invasion of privacy. Don’t really have to worry about fakeness around here, but I have had to deal with the other two issues.

It’s not that the younger guys “rejoice in the failing of these things” but sometimes they aren’t upset about in the ridiculous amount of hyperbole spewed about them coming to a halt, like that exact statement.

Boomerisms and rants are fun, but the amount of bad, inaccurate, or plain wrong information shared on forums is pretty irritating. Lots of the questions unanswered is annoying too.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I feel like the answer is right in many ways, wrong in many ways, and proves a solid point.

I’m a “younger guy” at 35. A lot of guys my age and younger do avoid these forums. Largely because of all the hateful old turds running around. I know for myself I get tired of logging onto here sometimes and just seeing the massive amounts of whining and crying about anything and everything. It’s as bad as Facebook, if not worse. I stopped using Facebook for 3 reasons: the whining/crying, the fakeness, and the invasion of privacy. Don’t really have to worry about fakeness around here, but I have had to deal with the other two issues.

It’s not that the younger guys “rejoice in the failing of these things” but sometimes they aren’t upset about in the ridiculous amount of hyperbole spewed about them coming to a halt, like that exact statement.

Boomerisms and rants are fun, but the amount of bad, inaccurate, or plain wrong information shared on forums is pretty irritating. Lots of the questions unanswered is annoying too.
I completely get what you’re saying and am going to help you out. When you encounter a person that is a dumb@ss or whiny, tap their user name, and you can see the “ignore” button. Tap it, and the dumbassery and whininess disappears. Repeat the process as often as needed.:anyone:

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score

On the bright side, there is some great info to be found in here, and knowledge does get shared here. I’ve met some really awesome guys on this forum, and this place is def home. I’ve also made some pretty sweet deals on here and enjoy sharing what I know. There will be more kids joining, they might just take a little longer, or just won’t speak up or share.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
I completely get what you’re saying and am going to help you out. When you encounter a person that is a dumb@ss or whiny, tap their user name, and you can see the “ignore” button. Tap it, and the dumbassery and whininess disappears. Repeat the process as often as needed.:anyone:
I’ve done quite a bit of that.

conditionzero

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I sent my 22, 19 and 15 year olds a link to this thread and asked them to answer the question for you guys.

I got “lmfao yeah they are dying”, “yes” and “gross” in respective order.
Mike Pence Meanie - 3o7TKzavbTGjrmaQIo.gif

Latest posts

Top Bottom