Are forums like OSA becoming a thing of the past?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It did seem that there was a mass migration to FB and Twitter happening some time back. FB and Twitter don't like gun people posting about them and started to censor and restrict heavily. People didn't seem to like that much and forums were saved it seems.

Forums don't have to abide by any rules but their own (and the law of course) and a lot of people have figured that out. As mentioned up thread on most "politically correct" subjects, people have fled enmass to more modern sites, but I think forums centered on certain subjects will live on for awhile yet.

Last edited:

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don’t have FB for obvious and pointed out reasons I check this forum probably 50 times a day I don’t read every thread but I can tell you I have made some great friends and I hope nothing happens to my favorite place
Tried fakebook and in it's day My Space. Just couldn't get into the vibe of wanting to snoop into other peoples lives and the lack of gun and outdoor talk.
I'm not a city boy and most of that content relates to the urban issues that I could give a rats arse about.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Well there are several members trying to turn this place into fb, twitter, and tik tok so maybe it is dying a bit. :anyone:

1shott

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I sent my 22, 19 and 15 year olds a link to this thread and asked them to answer the question for you guys.

I got “lmfao yeah they are dying”, “yes” and “gross” in respective order.

LOL at the gross reply.

1shott

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I do not think they are dying, I do see changes taking place tho.

I am a member of several boards or forums, I think I post more here than anywhere else.

One is a really great board with tons of info, but it appears to be a lot of older folks, I am 57, a lot of those guys are knocking 70, so theres a lot less BS and whining that goes on so to speak, Feels are not hurt.

There is a toyota board thats great, I stopped hanging out there since I no longer own a tundra.

GlockPride

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’m .44 Special years old and I like forums. I’ve tried to do the Fakebook (freedom from there came July 4th, 2020), MeWe, Campsite, Twitter, Truth Social and others. I just can’t get how fast they move. Too many different conversations going on at once. And trolls. And bots. Way too many for me to want to deal with.
I like the threads and postings of boards. Lots of information to be gathered and gleaned from forums. I appreciate them.

Latest posts

Top Bottom