Israel has been fired upon

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim Corrigan

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
The American Revolutionary War led to the genocide of a native people. Some would call it a success, and say it benefitted us all, but who the hell knows? You don't, and I don't.

WWII was a direct result of WWI. It wasn't inevitable. It was inevitable because a war had already been fought, and a new one had to start from its ashes. Quit dragging your knuckles.

farmerbyron

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The American Revolutionary War led to the genocide of a native people. Some would call it a success, and say it benefitted us all, but who the hell knows? You don't, and I don't.

WWII was a direct result of WWI. It wasn't inevitable. It was inevitable because a war had already been fought, and a new one had to start from its ashes. Quit dragging your knuckles.

Last edited by a moderator:

MLRyan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You just totally blew me away! As a Christian I refuse to let Jerusalem fall into the hands of Muslims. They would destroy the entire old city. This to me is unacceptable! At some point in your life you need to take a stand for something you believe in. Then why don’t we just sit back and watch them overrun the Vatican also?

If you, as a Christian, want to back Israel, enlist or buy a ticket, but don't send others to fight your war. If you want to defend the Vatican to the death, that is your deal. I enlisted to defend my country, not fight someone else's holy war in someone else's country.

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

You are bravely standing up for your position but I disagree. The genocide of native Americans would have happened under British rule or an independent America. While WWII was a result of the mistreatment of a conquered Germany following WWI, should the Europeans have surrendered without a fight?

War should never be entered into lightly but it is the best answer when countries are attacked. To deny that is to take the Nevil Chamberlain position of compromising with Hitler.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
"quit dragging your knuckles"???

That brought a smile. Thank you.

As I sit in my deer stand tomorrow, I will contemplate whether the American Revolution benifitted us, me, whoever...

The "Native People" had sense enough to fight the invasion. (at least some did)

We fight overseas, while our borders are unprotected. But perhaps if we sacrifice a few more thousand soldiers in the name of "standing with Israel" , we'll all be blessed and happy and free and get to keep our earnings, and maybe buy Jimmy a new prosthetic for the limb he lost "over there".

Jim Corrigan

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Perhaps, but the genocide of Native Americans would not have occured if imperialists wheren't trying to get away from other imperialists. Should Native Americans be fighting a war with us now? That occured so much more recently than the Israeli's being forced out of Palestine. It's a horrible, bloody place. I don't think anyone really thinks killing more people is the answer.

The Europeans should not have surrendered, but Germany should not have invaded Poland and other nations. I agree that there is no shame is defending one's self or one's nation, but to agressively attack is wrong. I believe humans are good. I believe we don't want each other to die. I understand when looking at the world that may be false, but gosh darn it, to paraphrase Cervantes:

"I've been a soldier and a slave. I've seen my comrades fall in battle or die more slowly under the lash in Africa. I've held them in my arms at the final moment. These were men who saw life as it is, yet they died despairing. No glory, no brave last words, only their eyes, filled with confusion, questioning "Why?" I don't think they were wondering why they were dying, but why they had ever lived. When life itself seems lunatic, who knows where madness lies? To surrender dreams - -this may be madness; to seek treasure where there is only trash. Too much sanity may be madness! But maddest of all - -to see life as it is and not as it should be. "

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom