Israel has been fired upon

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you need help, get a hold of me. I may choose to help you.

Don't NOT, however, volunteer me or my money or especially my childrens lives to someone else's cause.

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Causes have a nasty habit of finding their way into everyone's lives, whether they want it, or not.

When Israel falls, the Mid-East Islamic Caliphate will have begun to take form. If you honestly believe you, your money, and your children's lives won't be affected negatively, you've got another think coming.

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That may very well be the dumbest thing ever written on OSA. War is the ultimate answer and solution to many questions and problems.

Only someone who has never read, let alone studied history could write such an inanity.

War isn't the ultimate answer, but it is an answer. If you are such a study of history then you should know that war doesn't always lead to a solution, if for no other reason than 'winning' isn't always a straight forward thing. First, it's not always clear what type of 'win' a country is looking for. The military may be very good at taking a hill or holding a town, but that doesn't mean that the war was 'won'. The political reasons for fighting are often used to decide if a war is won or lost and those reasons are not always easily attained with fighting.

Yes, WWII is a good example of what happens when war can't be avoided, but there are also times when war doesn't change anything or when a country wins every battle but still loses the overall campaign.

Jim Corrigan

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
War is the ultimate answer. Boy oh boy..... If war was the answer, why does it continue to be necessary? What on Earth has it ever answered? I don't care about the insults, but geez louis, that's bat%^$ crazy. How many great civilizations were destroyed because they used their time for cultural and societal gains, rather than building a war machine? How did that turn out for that USSR everyone hates on? I'll just repeat what everyone else here says; you wanna fight? Go fight. Fight and die for nothing. But before you die, make sure you son fights. And dies. And make sure his son does too. Then make sure his brothers fight.

been

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Really - The Germans and Japanese might disagree about that. And I guess the ACW caused more problems than it fixed - like maintaining the Union. Those are just a few examples of contemporary wars that fixed major problems.

Other examples abound.

Whether or not a war solves an immediate problem pretty much depends on which side you were on.

If it is in self defense then it is the answer. The Japanese attacked us at Pearl Harbor and we kicked the crap out of them.

Here are a few examples of my own.
WW1
Vietnam
Iraq. and many more.

Though some wars are inevitable or self defense (like WW2), they can still cause more harm. WW2 brought us the cold war. Superpowers threatening to blow each other out of existence, overthrowing of foreign governments by secret agencies, big spending and tyrannical govt (not created by the cold war but it helped), and side wars that have lead to America having some enemies that we would otherwise not have. Cuba, Iran, Pakistan, and several others.

MaddSkillz

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
War is the ultimate answer. Boy oh boy..... If war was the answer, why does it continue to be necessary? What on Earth has it ever answered? I don't care about the insults, but geez louis, that's bat%^$ crazy. How many great civilizations were destroyed because they used their time for cultural and societal gains, rather than building a war machine? How did that turn out for that USSR everyone hates on? I'll just repeat what everyone else here says; you wanna fight? Go fight. Fight and die for nothing. But before you die, make sure you son fights. And dies. And make sure his son does too. Then make sure his brothers fight.

This guy is awesome. :thumb:

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The American Revolutionary War was a just cause, fought by folks here, against an empire over there. 1812 also justified, as was defending against the north 1861-1865. After that, our conflicts are questionable, to say the least. What have we gained from them? More land? Wealth? Are the root causes of our european conflicts "protecting our freedom", or are they excuses to get our boys killed for someone elses economic problem?

I refer you to Gen. Smedley Butler, USMC, two times awarded Congressional Medal of Honor. He was a man who knew the score....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom