Israel has been fired upon

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Werewolf

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Eventually war causes more problems than it fixes.

Really - The Germans and Japanese might disagree about that. And I guess the ACW caused more problems than it fixed - like maintaining the Union. Those are just a few examples of contemporary wars that fixed major problems.

Other examples abound.

Whether or not a war solves an immediate problem pretty much depends on which side you were on.

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Breaking right now! Ambassador Dan Gellerman states "We're going to finish this".

Don't be surprised if they draw Iran into this.

tran

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
If we don’t stand beside Israel there will be an uprising unlike anything you have ever witnessed in this country. I think the Majority of us Stand Firm with Israel not only as a Friend but also in our own best interest.

freeranger

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Some quotes from Thomas Jefferson:

"Peace, commerce, and honest friendship with all nations - entangling alliances with none."

"Nothing is so important as that America shall separate herself from the systems of Europe, and establish one of her own. Our circumstances, our pursuits, our interests, are distinct. The principles of our policy should be so also. All entanglements with that quarter of the globe should be avoided if we mean that peace and justice shall be the polar stars of the American societies."

"Determined as we are to avoid, if possible, wasting the energies of our people in war and destruction, we shall avoid implicating ourselves with the powers of Europe, even in support of principles which we mean to pursue. They have so many other interests different from ours, that we must avoid being entangled in them."

"I am for free commerce with all nations, political connection with none, and little or no diplomatic establishment. And I am not for linking ourselves by new treaties with the quarrels of Europe, entering that field of slaughter to preserve their balance, or joining in the confederacy of Kings to war against the principles of liberty."

"I hope France, England and Spain will all see it their interest to let us make bread for them in peace, and to give us a good price for it."

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
As a Christian, I am frankly astounded by how many of my "brothers and sisters" are ready to send US troops to Israel's aid. A guy said to me just Tuesday that his biggest fear about Obama was that he would stand behind Israel.

I told him I'd be really happy to have a president that would stand behind U.S. interests, and no others.

How many problems did the U.S. have in the Middle East prior to 1948?

Why did Iran revolt in 1979? Who was the Shah?

Who attacked the USS Liberty?

If anyone wants to back Israel, please do so. Load up, buy a ticket and volunteer to fight. Just don't try to send my boys over there. Read George Washington's farewell address - he'd back me up.

tran

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
As a Christian, I am frankly astounded by how many of my "brothers and sisters" are ready to send US troops to Israel's aid. A guy said to me just Tuesday that his biggest fear about Obama was that he would stand behind Israel.

I told him I'd be really happy to have a president that would stand behind U.S. interests, and no others.

How many problems did the U.S. have in the Middle East prior to 1948?

Why did Iran revolt in 1979? Who was the Shah?

Who attacked the USS Liberty?

If anyone wants to back Israel, please do so. Load up, buy a ticket and volunteer to fight. Just don't try to send my boys over there. Read George Washington's farewell address - he'd back me up.

You just totally blew me away! As a Christian I refuse to let Jerusalem fall into the hands of Muslims. They would destroy the entire old city. This to me is unacceptable! At some point in your life you need to take a stand for something you believe in. Then why don’t we just sit back and watch them overrun the Vatican also?

freeranger

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
You just totally blew me away! As a Christian I refuse to let Jerusalem fall into the hands of Muslims. They would destroy the entire old city. This to me is unacceptable! At some point in your life you need to take a stand for something you believe in. Then why don’t we just sit back and watch them overrun the Vatican also?

Buy a ticket on a flight and fight the good crusade. :)

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If I lived in Rome, and Arabs were at the door, I'd defend it. If I were a Palestinian, and lived in Gaza, I'd try to defeat Israel.

Being an American, and even better, an Okie, I believe we should defend our shores and borders. No "pre-emptive stikes", "police actions", any of that nonsense.

I took an oath once to defend our country, as have many young men and women since myself. How many actually have "defended" our freedoms? The brave folks in our armed forces are sacrificed daily to the whims of politicians whose sons never seem to serve.

As I said - you want to stand up for them - get on with it!

freeranger

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
If I lived in Rome, and Arabs were at the door, I'd defend it. If I were a Palestinian, and lived in Gaza, I'd try to defeat Israel.

Being an American, and even better, an Okie, I believe we should defend our shores and borders. No "pre-emptive stikes", "police actions", any of that nonsense.

I took an oath once to defend our country, as have many young men and women since myself. How many actually have "defended" our freedoms? The brave folks in our armed forces are sacrificed daily to the whims of politicians whose sons never seem to serve.

As I said - you want to stand up for them - get on with it!

I agree. However, the oath you took was to defend the Constitution, not the country per se. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom