Issue with FFL

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim Corrigan

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
To take a moment away from all the zaniness going on, I have a question regarding a situation I'm in with an FFL. I've ordered a few guns online from J&G and Gunbroker in the past, and always use the same FFL. (I'll withold the name) J&G doesn't give out tracking numbers, so I was never able to track the progress of my firearms. However, I recently ordered another Saiga from ClassicArms, and they did provide me with a tracking number.

I contacted my FFL before placing the order. He responded promptly, saying "Go ahead and place the order. I'm on file with them everything is good." So I did. Well, UPS has tried to deliver the package twice, and he hasn't been home, or didn't answer the door.

So now it's telling me the package is being held for customer pick-up. I've sent three e-mails to my FFL, and he hasn't responded to any of them. I assume he changed the delivery status, because I didn't, and UPS tells me someone did. It's been here since Tuesday, and I would like to have it by the weekend. It's just kind of pissing me off that I informed him of the order, he got a tracking number as well, but he hasn't received my rifle. For all I know, that's how he always roles, picking up from UPS rather than getting a delivery, but it seems pretty inefficient. If he doesn't pick it up in four days, it gets shipped back. I've already spent the money, I'd like something to show for it. Anyone ever have a similar experience? I don't want to be rude and demand he pick it up promptly, because his rates are cheap and I want my gun. What can I do?

Jim Corrigan

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I'm in the OKC metro area. And like I said, I'm kinda reluctant to get on his ass because what reason does he have to pick it up for me if I piss him off? UPS would just ship it back, and I'd have to find another FFL to ship it to? Apparently he didn't pick it up today either...

I'm starting to think I should go after another FFL, but he only charges $10. His annoying little dogs aren't really worth that though....(I hope he's not a member here......)

milsurp2.0

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm in the OKC metro area. And like I said, I'm kinda reluctant to get on his ass because what reason does he have to pick it up for me if I piss him off? UPS would just ship it back, and I'd have to find another FFL to ship it to? Apparently he didn't pick it up today either...

I'm starting to think I should go after another FFL, but he only charges $10. His annoying little dogs aren't really worth that though....(I hope he's not a member here......)

Would you rather have your rifle the day youre supposed to or chase it around for 10 bucks.

reddog1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

You are paying for his service. You should at least call him, and advise him the shipment is about to be sent back.

taaz67

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

I've used him for a number of years. Have never had this issue with him. I've had numerous orders placed and sent from JG with him also. Dont know what the problem is here. Very unusual .

Jim Corrigan

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I know, I've used him at least twice that I can recall, and had friends use him as well, no problems at all. I'm willing to give him benefit of the doubt, just seeing if it was unusual for an FFL to request a pickup rather than allow a delivery. I like him, it's nothing like that. He's always fast processing the ATF forms and everything, although I really don't like dogs.....

Latest posts

Top Bottom