Issue with Sportsworld

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elcaBob

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
You just have to wonder how many sales the grumpy guy has cost that store (Sportsworld). I've personally witnessed two separate incidents. Buyers with cash in hand, having decided to buy the gun they were looking at, just turned and walked out after this guy was simply rude to them. That place is almost a very cool store.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I went in there a couple of months ago needing one of those tiny plug screws for a Remington 700 reciever to fill the hole where I had removed a scope base. The guy charged me 5 bucks! It was ridiculous! I know they probably had a ton of them lying around in the way on the workbench from all the scope mounting they do. I won't be back.
next time order from Numrich they only want $5.55 each plus shipping. HA HA!
what you should have done was ask on here. as many people probably have a bunch rolling around in their toolbox.
I know I have a small pull drawer full. from 20+years of mounting peoples scopes.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You just have to wonder how many sales the grumpy guy has cost that store (Sportsworld). I've personally witnessed two separate incidents. Buyers with cash in hand, having decided to buy the gun they were looking at, just turned and walked out after this guy was simply rude to them. That place is almost a very cool store.
If your talking about Jimmy. I think maybe something is wrong with him (stroke?) I've known him 30 years and while I hadn't been in there in a while I tried to talk to him the other day and he didn't even seem to know me. if I remember right he used to be the national field service rep for Remington and had good people skills.

SPDguns

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
out door america gave me 1 scope screw plug

WOW! That's what's so amazing......Having frequented both places, I would have expected Outdoor America to charge me $5 for the plug and not Sports World. I think I'm going to settle this once and for all and have Roy D. Mercer give them a call. At least I'll get $4.01 worht of whup a$$ satisfaction.
BTW Shoot Summ- From reading this string of posts, it appears I'm not the odd man out on this issue.....

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
WOW! That's what's so amazing......Having frequented both places, I would have expected Outdoor America to charge me $5 for the plug and not Sports World. I think I'm going to settle this once and for all and have Roy D. Mercer give them a call. At least I'll get $4.01 worht of whup a$$ satisfaction.
BTW Shoot Summ- From reading this string of posts, it appears I'm not the odd man out on this issue.....

Personally I'd have went to Lowes Fastener Section or a Fastenall store that specializes in fasteners and paid about .20 or so. My preference is Fastenall as if you don't have the thead pitch and diameter of the fastener, they do. There is a store in your town.

Shoot Summ

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

There are quite a few folks that have a legitimate issue with them, I never denied that, I do question why you have such an issue with them over $5. And there are a few folks that chimed in with the same sentiment, so I'm not the odd man out on the issue either.

It's a big deal to you, I guess that is what matters, I personally can't see it as an issue, you had a choice to walk away and buy elsewhere and you didn't. Instead you want to trash them because you think they overcharged you which you can't substantiate(price+ship online is higher), or you expected them to give the part away, which again is no reason to trash them. The guy that waited on you in the nice store, both have a cost, the $5 you paid didn't begin to cover the cost of the effort involved to serve you. Maybe I am just a simple person but your complaint seems really petty to me.

Latest posts

Top Bottom