It’s a new age

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

commandcomm

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Youth sports are out of control.

I played youth sports in the 1990s. For baseball, We had practice once or twice a week. When games started, we practiced once a week and played two games a week. The season was three months. Games were within the township. We didn’t travel to different cities or states to play.

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Not to mention equipment costs. I have a 16 year old grandson and 15 year old granddaughter playing both high school and tournament baseball/softball. Both have the latest and greatest bats, gloves, and other "essentials".

Judi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
10 and under softball has to have a team PA with theme music and player announcements. And sound effects.

Says Whom ?....state law...health reason,....terrorist level threat....something in the bible...

sound effects....that's the kids and fans making noise...

What's next....Drag night gun turn in...?

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
& not to mention aTrainer , for high $$$ !
Don't get me wrong, I love watching them play but you're right. My grandson has been playing catcher since he was 10 but has catching lessons almost every Sunday. My lesson would be stay in front of the ball, try to catch it, and make the throws as quickly and accurately as you can. My granddaughter has 18 over the fence homers but has hitting lessons on a pretty regular basis. Maybe they will both be college stars and that would be cool. I'm just an old fart with opinions.

commandcomm

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not to mention equipment costs. I have a 16 year old grandson and 15 year old granddaughter playing both high school and tournament baseball/softball. Both have the latest and greatest bats, gloves, and other "essentials".
I saw an eight year old softball team with matching bags with their names on them. Parents are enabling this.

Latest posts

Top Bottom