Woman's College Softball

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1911Sooner

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ou fans need to eat alittle humble pie.
No Way Wtf GIF by Harlem

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Maybe they will replace her with a player that’s actually from Oklahoma.
That's not how college athletics works, especially at the D1 level. My daughter had 34 offers to go pole vault at D3, D2 and NAIA schools, not one Oklahoma school offer despite clearing heights that were higher than half of the girls at D2, D3 and NAIA schools in Oklahoma. She didn't vault high enough for D1 requirements, she needed another foot plus realistically. Those 34 schools were scattered across the nation, they found her, she hadn't put her name out there, she had no aspirations of being a college athlete in T&F.

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
That's not how college athletics works, especially at the D1 level. My daughter had 34 offers to go pole vault at D3, D2 and NAIA schools, not one Oklahoma school offer despite clearing heights that were higher than half of the girls at D2, D3 and NAIA schools in Oklahoma. She didn't vault high enough for D1 requirements, she needed another foot plus realistically. Those 34 schools were scattered across the nation, they found her, she hadn't put her name out there, she had no aspirations of being a college athlete in T&F.
I know how it works. A lot of girls in the state of Oklahoma would love to play for OU. I know they are going to pick the best girls they can from anywhere in the nation. It’s just unfortunate that more of them can’t be from Oklahoma. Obviously, OU has the best softball program in the nation.

geezer77

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Or maybe Stanford's NiJaree Canady will consider playing closer to her Kansas home and family.

I don't think I've never seen a freshman SB pitcher as naturally fast and with as much control as Canady. She can effortlessly throw a riser at 74 mph all day, and can already move the ball around pretty much at will. 74 mph may not sound fast to baseball fans, but consider it's coming at you from 43 feet away - actually more like 36 feet when you include the stride prior to release, and is generally equivalent to 105 mph in baseball. Very few hitters can effectively process the spin & location and make a swing/no swing decision at those reaction times. Imagine how devastating she will be when she's a little older and develops a convincing changeup motion. Gonna make a lot of good hitters look silly. I'd rather she do it in a Sooner uniform.
Maybe they will replace her with a player that’s actually from Oklahoma.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Or maybe Stanford's NiJaree Canady will consider playing closer to her Kansas home and family.

I don't think I've never seen a freshman SB pitcher as naturally fast and with as much control as Canady. She can effortlessly throw a riser at 74 mph all day, and can already move the ball around pretty much at will. 74 mph may not sound fast to baseball fans, but consider it's coming at you from 43 feet away - actually more like 36 feet when you include the stride prior to release, and is generally equivalent to 105 mph in baseball. Very few hitters can effectively process the spin & location and make a swing/no swing decision at those reaction times. Imagine how devastating she will be when she's a little older and develops a convincing changeup motion. Gonna make a lot of good hitters look silly. I'd rather she do it in a Sooner uniform.

Had this discussion yesterday. It will likely depend on how much she values the education part of it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom