Woman's College Softball

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you read my posts I said I understand they recruit from all over just as other D1 programs do. I still think it would be good for more Oklahoma girls to be able to play at OU. Patti hosts a lot of young girl‘s teams and is an inspiring coach. Many of them dream of playing for her at OU. They had another great year. OSU did not play well. I would have loved to have seen them play in the finals but maybe next year.

In the same sense I'm sure lots of Oklahoma players would love to play for Gundy and don't get a chance..... but that's the way D1 goes.

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
In the same sense I'm sure lots of Oklahoma players would love to play for Gundy and don't get a chance..... but that's the way D1 goes.
No doubt. Lots of guys from OK on the squad already. Sure seems like OU could field more than 1 girl from Oklahoma to me but that’s just my opinion. Obviously, you don’t agree.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No doubt. Lots of guys from OK on the squad already. Sure seems like OU could field more than 1 girl from Oklahoma to me but that’s just my opinion. Obviously, you don’t agree.

It's not that I don't agree, I just think it's a weird complaint on your part. I guess I just expect most that comment to understand how D1 works. Ebbs and flows.

Looking at the numbers

2021 - 8
2022 - 4
2023 - 1

Pstmstr

Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
It's not that I don't agree, I just think it's a weird complaint on your part. I guess I just expect most that comment to understand how D1 works. Ebbs and flows.

Looking at the numbers

2021 - 8
2022 - 4
2023 - 1
I guess we will see how it ebbs and flows next year. I’d like to see a 4th championship with more players from OK. That is if OSU isn’t in the finals. Maybe they will get “lucky” and make it to the World Series again.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I guess we will see how it ebbs and flows next year. I’d like to see a 4th championship with more players from OK. That is if OSU isn’t in the finals. Maybe they will get “lucky” and make it to the World Series again.
Lucky?
OSU has twice the national titles in sports over all. That isn't luck sir.

Pstmstr

Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Lucky?
OSU has twice the national titles in sports over all. That isn't luck sir.
I know. That was a little dig at JD8 since he said they got into the World Series this year by luck. OSU lives rent free in his head. Rumor has it he wears a mullet just like Gundy.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Well maybe they'll finish strong? Wasn't really a dig, just the facts. You go 4-10 out of your last 14 and you get into the regionals, then that's a bit of luck.

Last edited:

OKRuss

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well maybe they'll finish strong? Wasn't really a dig, just the facts. You go 4-10 out of your last 14 and you get into the regionals, then that's a bit of luck.
I'm sure you know this but what about going 39-3 to start the season and getting ranked as high as #2 prior to the 10 losses and 2 wins leading up to the Big 12 tourney. Luck? Hell no, they had a very good team. I understand what you're saying about getting into the regionals but you're leaving out the first 42 games.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm sure you know this but what about going 39-3 to start the season and getting ranked as high as #2 prior to the 10 losses and 2 wins leading up to the Big 12 tourney. Luck? Hell no, they had a very good team. I understand what you're saying about getting into the regionals but you're leaving out the first 42 games.

Not leaving out anything lol, I didn't say their season was lucky, I said they were a bit lucky to get into the series. They started out a very good team, but didn't finish the same way they started and finishing is just as important. Again, 4 wins out of the last 14 and 10-8 in conference.

Latest posts

Top Bottom