Woman's College Softball

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dancer4life

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
IMG_0338.jpeg

fishincoop

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No doubt anywhere in the softball world that Oklahoma was clearly the best team in the country ALL year long. Hats off to Coach Gasso and staff - a true legend and class act. No better program in the land!

However, as a dad of a former college player, I’ve seen a lot of softball thru the years. My only minor gripe about college ball is that the World Series in OKC seems too much like a OU home game.

Again, highest congrats to OU nation, well deserved.

1911Sooner

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No doubt anywhere in the softball world that Oklahoma was clearly the best team in the country ALL year long. Hats off to Coach Gasso and staff - a true legend and class act. No better program in the land!

However, as a dad of a former college player, I’ve seen a lot of softball thru the years. My only minor gripe about college ball is that the World Series in OKC seems too much like a OU home game.

Yeah I've heard the home field advantage thing brought us some. It's been in OKC since before OU won their first title. Also the mens college world series has been held in Omaha since the 1950's. Why isn't Nebraska winning there every year? Also Osu has been in the last 4 world series and has every opportunity as OU. So the OKC thing doesn't really hold water.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Article in the Sunday Oklahoman about this subject. I’m not in favor of moving it just because, anymore than I’m in favor of moving the baseball CWS out of Omaha. Baseball belongs in Omaha. Softball belongs in OKC.

Full disclosure, I’m an oSu alum, rabid Cowboy & Cowgirl fan, and as much as I dislike all things ou, you just cannot deny the dominance of their softball team in recent years. Everyone else is playing for 2nd place. It is what it is. I’m not sure this ou team couldn’t beat team USA, they’re just that good. Props to Gasso for building a dynasty. She’s built a dominant one, and that’s a fact.

Latest posts

Top Bottom