It's getting close to Wanamaker time

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

agb104983

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Heads up: Liberal front group pretending to be a new gun rights org at Wanenmachers show. Cliffnotes: It appears a Venture capital guy and media guy, both a history of supporting/donating to only liberals, have started a “gun rights” org based in Los Angeles with either their own money or dark money donors and using it to get people to sign up for free memberships to give themselves legitimacy and to harvest names of gun rights supporters. They appear to be targeting gun shows and social media.

ARGO, Alliance for Responsible Gun Ownership, has a booth set up at the big Wanenmachers Tulsa gun show this weekend. They also left their flyers and posters all around the concessions areas. At the booth they are talking about how they are a gun rights group looking to protect the right to own guns, increase gun education for kids, etc.

They were signing people up with that pitch and membership is free. They had tons of free shirts, hats, and other swag. Most people just took them at their word that they are pro gun and were signing up and

However, if you look at their website they talk bout being a new “moderate” gun group and if you read between the lines, they are not really pro gun. It looks like they are trying to position themselves so that when proposed laws come up, they can go in front of committees and the media and pretend to represent that gun owners actually want these restrictive gun laws to pass.

The CEO(and I think founder) is Michael Pierce, a California venture capital guy that has a history of donating to Obama and other democrats. The COO is Timothy Napier, who also lives in the LA area and has a history of donating to ActBlue and Biden’s campaign. They have a six figure payroll, with a crew of at least 4 people traveling to promote this(including the CEO and COO both at the Wanenmachers show), a full time social media person at $60k a year, nice website…all this after only launching a few months ago. Someone is funding this and it’s not gun right supporters.

They're located on the lower level on the east wall. I think it's technically the lower level row 18 and its just off the center isle. The CEO is the older looking guy and the COO is the younger looking guy. Both were dressed up in a cowboy belt buckle and boots, but based on their social media accounts it appears to just be dress up for them to try to blend in.

okcBob

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Walked by their booth today. If i had known this, I would have stopped to talk with them & gotten some intel.

RETOKSQUID

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Heads up: Liberal front group pretending to be a new gun rights org at Wanenmachers show. Cliffnotes: It appears a Venture capital guy and media guy, both a history of supporting/donating to only liberals, have started a “gun rights” org based in Los Angeles with either their own money or dark money donors and using it to get people to sign up for free memberships to give themselves legitimacy and to harvest names of gun rights supporters. They appear to be targeting gun shows and social media.

ARGO, Alliance for Responsible Gun Ownership, has a booth set up at the big Wanenmachers Tulsa gun show this weekend. They also left their flyers and posters all around the concessions areas. At the booth they are talking about how they are a gun rights group looking to protect the right to own guns, increase gun education for kids, etc.

They were signing people up with that pitch and membership is free. They had tons of free shirts, hats, and other swag. Most people just took them at their word that they are pro gun and were signing up and

However, if you look at their website they talk bout being a new “moderate” gun group and if you read between the lines, they are not really pro gun. It looks like they are trying to position themselves so that when proposed laws come up, they can go in front of committees and the media and pretend to represent that gun owners actually want these restrictive gun laws to pass.

The CEO(and I think founder) is Michael Pierce, a California venture capital guy that has a history of donating to Obama and other democrats. The COO is Timothy Napier, who also lives in the LA area and has a history of donating to ActBlue and Biden’s campaign. They have a six figure payroll, with a crew of at least 4 people traveling to promote this(including the CEO and COO both at the Wanenmachers show), a full time social media person at $60k a year, nice website…all this after only launching a few months ago. Someone is funding this and it’s not gun right supporters.

They're located on the lower level on the east wall. I think it's technically the lower level row 18 and its just off the center isle. The CEO is the older looking guy and the COO is the younger looking guy. Both were dressed up in a cowboy belt buckle and boots, but based on their social media accounts it appears to just be dress up for them to try to blend in.
Needs to be brought to the attention of the promoters and others.

okcBob

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Based on their website, they are a leftist organization. If it wasn’t such a long drive, I’d go back tomorrow to discuss their political positions.

Found this on their website:
”Over the last year, we have been met with constant, painful reminders that gun violence and white supremacy are inextricably linked. The state-sanctioned killings of George Floyd, Breonna Taylor, and so many others shone a spotlight on the fact that our systems are built to uphold white privilege and power and wield violence against Black and Brown people. The January 6th coup attempt exposed the threat white supremacy poses to our democracy itself. The recent mass shooting in Atlanta is evidence of the danger of racism, xenophobia, misogyny, and all forms of hate, fueled by a gun. “

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I made it to the show for a couple hours today. I focused on the upper level for about two hours, I was exhausted, hot and weak. Went home and ended up in the ER with a nasty infection. Sitting here on an antibiotic IV drip, hoping I don’t get admitted. Prayers appreciated.

Rest easy man, get better.

Fr Mulcahy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Has a good day there. Saw some cool stuff & sold a rifle
We had a good time. We spent about six hours there. There was a lot of interesting weaponry--from the 1700's to current day.

We bought two rifles--a 1861 Springield and an Wichester 92 in 25-20.

There seemed to be more room to move than in previous years.

Most of the dealers we talked to seemed to be happy. A lot of talking and joking around.

For some strange reason, there weren't a lot of AR's for sale. ;)

Latest posts

Top Bottom