Its hard for me to believe

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Here it is the night before gun season, and I've had three people call me at 8pm and wonder if I have any ammo I can sell them:uhh: Where in the heck have these people been for the last year or two? They went to wally world tonight looking for ammo.:rollingla

I had some of what each wanted and sold it to them at my cost. The last guy wanted some 30-06, and I had a box of 180 Grain Win supreme moly coat ballistic tip that cost me $40 plus tax, and he about crapped his pants when I only offered it to him for $40??
He took it, but grumbled...screw him:crying:

MaddSkillz

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
How's that phrase go... Something like a lack of preparation on your part doesn't constitute as an emergency on my part...or something like that?

Besides, who in the heck keeps guns but no freaking ammo for them?

1shott

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Whats even better is when peole wait till the lst minute to buy a deer tag, only to find out wally world is sold out.....

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wow people really waited this late to buy ammo? Bass pro had plenty of hunting ammo the other day. Picked up a spare box of 30-06 150gr winchester supreme for $36.50 after tax... shouldn't be grumbling at $40 that stuff aint cheap.

ODWC online click and print for license and tag. Do it every year.

imhntn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I hate to think about those people shooting at deer without sighting in their rifles with the ammo they just bought the night before. Maybe they will keep their shots close....sure, that's the ticket.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
LOL Yea!! I even have some .300 savage around just because I have an old Model 99 from 1924. :) Love that thing.

I have a 7.7 jap that has been rebarreled into a 300 savage I bought at a farm auction a year ago. Took a doe with it yesterday morning. It has the same ballistics as a .308 Win. I shot her thru both front legs as it was the only shot I had, and it left a golf ball sized hole all the way thru. Pics to follow

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes, that urks me as well.

I'm not gonna lie, I've only got 5rds left of the .308 hunting ammo that's sighted in on my main hunting rifle. I didn't get out to sight it in until last week and shot everything I had trying to sight in this one and two others.

I couldn't make myself shoot those last 5rds because I couldn't be "that guy".

Latest posts

Top Bottom