Jackass neighbors

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

criticalbass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You want a crazy neighbor? You can have mine. A couple weeks ago I changed out the 40w lightbulb on my front porch for one of those fancy new 60w leds and this mother****ing ****sucking bat**** crazy piece of ****, came outside backed both of his cars into his driveway and shined his brights at the front of my house while honking his horn for at least an hour.

That would have resulted in a visit from the local PD if he had done it to me. I can deal with threats to my life or property on an immediate basis, but this needs to be documented with the locals so when he escalates, they know who to look for.

Junior Bonner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So glad I don't live in suburbia. Even if a person has good neighbors, when they move away, there's no telling who will take their place. About to go clean the chicken house, my neighbors are the chickapoos - those little you know whos! Maybe I'll find a snakeez in there!

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Was helping my brother smoke some ribs and drink some beer a couple months back when my nephew came up the road (18 years old) and I mentioned to my brother...."Remember when our trucks wouldn't run under 40?". We laughed and resumed the previous conversation. Nephew joined us and not 5 minutes later the nut job that lives at the end of my brother's road come driving down the road in his Honda Civic. Brother looks at nephew and says, "I think he's here to see you". Guy gets out and walks over to request the nephew slow down. Nephew was polite and told him "Yes sir, I'll slow down. Didn't realize I was going that fast."

I guess the gentleman took this as a sign of weakness and then began a tirade about his cat running lose and if he were to be injured by the nephew there would be "Hell to pay!". This set me on edge and my brother noticed it, he just laid his hand on my shoulder, calmly looked at the man and said. "The boy has apologized and I know he was driving too fast but you'll not speak to him in that tone. If you do it again, you won't get yessir. He'll get my permission to whip your ass right here in this yard, which is what he wants to do anyway but wont out of respect for me." Angry dude looks flustered and turns on his heels, gets in his car and tears ass down the gravel driveway. Brother turns to his boy and calmly says..."Slow you ass down before that man gets hurt!" Not another word was spoken about it.

Priceless...

Profreedomokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We live in Ponca City and used to be on the west side of town. We were ready to drop around $13 k into remodeling our kitchen and then it started. A young ahole moved in across the street. You know the kind that has his bass wide open just to back his car out of the driveway and park it on the street. He would also let his dog out at night to crap in my yard. Animal Control handled that one for me. He liked to rev his headers only race car up at 11:00pm also. I had words with him several times. So I told the wife " Not going to do the kitchen, we're moving." So we moved in a nice older hood on a dead end street and have never regretted it. We have a classroom for our SDA Classes and a large yard without anyone real close to us. I also have a gun room full of safes and my reloading gear. I hate change but, this one worked . Good luck to you Aviator41.

Boehlertaught

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We moved from the noisy big city of Bixby to the quiet wonderful town of Coweta. We have 12 acres, and keep it looking like Woodward. Park. I walk into my backyard any time I want and shoot my shotgun...wearing only my underwear. Hey, that was what I wanted in our new place. My wife got what she wanted in the house. I got the yard, my shotgun and my underwear. No neighbors pay attention to us. :) Everyone is happy.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We moved from the noisy big city of Bixby to the quiet wonderful town of Coweta. We have 12 acres, and keep it looking like Woodward. Park. I walk into my backyard any time I want and shoot my shotgun...wearing only my underwear. Hey, that was what I wanted in our new place. My wife got what she wanted in the house. I got the yard, my shotgun and my underwear. No neighbors pay attention to us. :) Everyone is happy.

My Minneapolis born Tulsa raised wife was already out here for 8 years before I got out here commuting to her office in Tulsa and hiding out in this small bedroom community to get away from it all. I went from an apartment loverlooking the Pacific ocean in San Francisco to a small cabin 7700 ft up in the Sierra Nevada mountains to a home just outside the Coweta city limits in a nice friendly residential area not far from a little bit of country acreage we own just down the road from our house serving as our play area for our bikes and ATVs, shooting, etc. It sure is nice and quiet out here, far enough away from town not to miss the city but close enough to everything I need when I want it. I sure miss the pace of life out here in Wagoner county when Im gone working. I cant wait to retire out here.

subprep

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Seems like we have one brush with him every year. Last year it was over a basketball that rolled into "his" creek - so he kept it. Our property line is actually way beyond the creek, but we've given easement since it's drainage for the neighborhood. Funny how he's taken ownership. It's not worth having the property lines demarcated over his douchebaggery, but it will have to happen when it's time to sell, I am sure.

I think it would be well worth your while, you do not want some jackhole neighbor out there interfering with inspections, surveys etc when you are trying to sell your home. Believe me I've seen it happen more than once in real estate and they can screw deals.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think it would be well worth your while, you do not want some jackhole neighbor out there interfering with inspections, surveys etc when you are trying to sell your home. Believe me I've seen it happen more than once in real estate and they can screw deals.

Good point... if and when you decide to sell, just that neighbor walking through and looking like a jackhole will scare off potential buyers. Might be a good idea to plan an official survey sometime in the next year or two to make sure he knows what the limits of his property are, and then make known in no uncertain terms he is not to cross on to yours.

Latest posts

Top Bottom