Jacksonville FL: Video gamer murders rivals in mass shooting after losing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mhphoto

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I love video games, violent ones included, but I think one issue we’re going to see come out of this is the issue similar to people who get all their information and perceptions about guns from Hollywood, and that is unless they’re actually into guns in real life they’re going to believe a bunch of false thing about guns that they’ve seen in games.

I was playing Far Cry 5 last night. Great game, but I can see some idiot playing it and thinking that the average person has access to rocket launchers, grenades, and automatic SMG/rifles.

RugersGR8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
https://dailycaller.com/2018/08/27/jacksonville-shooter-mental-illness/
Report: Jacksonville Shooter Was Hospitalized For Mental Illness
4:15 PM 08/27/2018
Amber Athey | Media and Breaking News Editor

…"Court records obtained by the Associated Press show that Katz was previously hospitalized in psychiatric facilities on two occasions and was prescribed anti-psychotic and anti-depression medication."...

RugersGR8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...d-psychological-issues-struggled-college.html
Gamer gunman was hospitalized for psychological issues and struggled at college where he fell behind as it's revealed his NASA engineer father and government worker mom argued over his medical care when they divorced
By Jennifer Smith For Dailymail.com
Published: 15:58 EDT, 27 August 2018 | Updated: 16:01 EDT, 27 August 2018

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Have they announced if the gun was legally purchased or not? I suspect it was as the fake news media would have jumped all over the story if the gun was illegally obtained.

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Have they announced if the gun was legally purchased or not? I suspect it was as the fake news media would have jumped all over the story if the gun was illegally obtained.
Legal, and I haven't seen anything saying he'd been involuntarily committed or adjudicated incompetent, so I don't see a failure of .gov to put him in NICS, either.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

I just heard on Fox News that the pistol was legally purchased in Baltimore. That's why the great silence in the media other than Fox.

Edit: Appears Dave 70968 and I posted at the same time.

RugersGR8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
http://www.fox5dc.com/news/local-ne...an-david-katz-attended-university-of-maryland
Suspected Jacksonville gunman David Katz attended University of Maryland
By: fox5dc.com staff , Anjali Hemphill
Posted: Aug 27 2018 02:12PM EDT
Video Posted: Aug 27 2018 06:01PM EDT
Updated: Aug 27 2018 08:25PM EDT

…"In recent weeks, Katz legally purchased the two handguns he carried from a gun store in Baltimore, the sheriff said. One of the weapons was equipped with a laser sight that paints the intended target with a glowing red dot. The Jacksonville Sheriff's Office did not state whether Katz disclosed his past hospitalizations on the form for the required federal background check."...

+

(Video)
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/jackso...d-firearms-madden-nfl-19-shooting-2018-08-27/
August 27, 2018, 5:11 PM
Jacksonville gunman legally purchased firearms used in shooting

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom