jennings 22lr pistol issue

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TacticalJ

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok first off, I'm trying to assist a friend in fixing his Jennings j22 pistol. I don't need to hear all the boo's and throw it away crappy. It's important to him for personal reasons.

Now with that out of the way, the problem is that it doesn't seem to extract most of the time. I'm pretty sure that a spring would probably fix it, extractor spring. I'm asking if anybody has messed with any of these little pistols and if they have experienced these issues and how did they address it. I've located all the parts that I think need replacing.

I was thinking replace the extractor and spring and also replace the elector. I can get all these parts for under $20 so its not expensive, but I just thought I'd try asking first. Thanks Jason

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
before spending the money on parts try cci ammo.
the manual recommended stingers. also check the edge of the chamber mouth for peening from being dry-fired.
the extractor on those is more of an assist extractor than a positive extractor.
so if your trying to run the slide and extract like most pistols, it won't positive extract all the time.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
you could remove the extractor and make sure there is no unburnt powder/lead shavings under it that could be holding it up.
Do not file on long flat area to make it hang down further.
This will only make it jam every time and could make it act as a firing pin and go off with slide not all the way closed.

TacticalJ

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Lol well first thing I gotta do is get a firing pin and spring! I took it apart and found that they were not in the pistol. The gun definitely needs a good cleaning. I gotta get with him and see if he has the pin and spring or if we need to order them. Anybody got one laying around?

Latest posts

Top Bottom