John McCain on meet the press Sunday

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
John said the Syrian people are mad at the US, he thinks boots on the ground will solve this problem o... I'm still thinking about what he said. Do my fellow OSA'er think it's time for a new WAR?

What do you mean new war? We (will) always have been at war with Eastasia.

n2sooners

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We can expand the scope of this thread - but what you're saying isn't true. There are factions more supportive of working with the West - the issue is can they come out on top or is it a lost cause.

The rebels are being supported by al qaeda. Which side should we choose? And what in the history of this administration makes anyone think they are capable of picking the right side? See Egypt....

Rfcsoulja

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
No. We need to take care of our own for a change. It is far past the time to bring everyone home from all over the world. Turn the bases in Europe into NATO bases, and rotate troops in and out on a schedule, no more permanently stationed troops outside the US. Do the same thing in the Pacific as well.

I don't mind having bases in other countries...I just don't think we need anymore and I also feel like we need to remove ourselves from involvement in the Middle East. Let their people fight for their own change if they want it.

farmerbyron

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The rebels are being supported by al qaeda. Which side should we choose? And what in the history of this administration makes anyone think they are capable of picking the right side? See Egypt....

Or Libya.

The enemy of my enemy is my friend does not usually work out in our favor in the middle east. See Al Qaeda in Afghanistan during the 80s.

rebel-son

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
John McCain needs to chill on some issues like our guns and that amensty he is trying to get.

On Syria here is my thought. I am tired of seeing our soldiers come back in flag drapped coffins because people in the world cant behave. I do not believe we should get involved except humanitarian aid maybe. There are very radical islam elements among the rebelion. Honestly I think we are better off with the current regime in power.

Look at Iraq, Egypt, and Libya. We had a bad guy in power and he was taken out and now things are worse.

WessonOil

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I didn't mind us finishing up the Iraq war. I wish the surge had happened sooner, say 1992, but I'm glad we finally wrapped that one up and got out of there. I didn't mind us taking out the Taliban, but we kinda lost focus after that. Afghanistan was the war Obama said he favored, yet we seem to be in (as the media was calling the second week of the Bush Jr. edition of the Iraq war) a quagmire. We definitely don't need to get in another endless war. Especially when neither side likes us and we would just be choosing the lesser of evils.

Anyone else notice that the media which was scrambling over itself to show military coffins and funerals under Bush has suddenly lost that fascination under Obama?

Or the fact that more Americans died in Afghanistan in Hussein's first several months of office than all years previous?

Or Gitmo?

if The other Hussein, Saddam Hussein, were still in power, Iraq and Iran would be in the middle of a nuclear arms race right now.

Hussein Obama distances himself from the Iraqs, Afghanistans, Syrias, North Koreas, etc., and just focuses on the types of "critical issues" such as bombings, shootings, etc.

Events that are small scale, have already taken place, and in which it's safe for him to issue a proclamation that killing joggers and kids is a bad thing.

Disarming the American people is a fight in which I'm sure he wished he'd not taken part in.

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No. We need to take care of our own for a change. It is far past the time to bring everyone home from all over the world. Turn the bases in Europe into NATO bases, and rotate troops in and out on a schedule, no more permanently stationed troops outside the US. Do the same thing in the Pacific as well.

Agree 100%; it's amazing that we put so much effort into trying to secure everyone else's borders, but leave ours virtually wide open and with no real plan to control it. We need to quit intervening into the affairs of others, and as you said - bring our troops home, and maybe only rotate them into NATO-only bases. Hell, the Russians left Germany to the Germans 20 years ago. We need to do the same.

n2sooners

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Agree 100%; it's amazing that we put so much effort into trying to secure everyone else's borders, but leave ours virtually wide open and with no real plan to control it. We need to quit intervening into the affairs of others, and as you said - bring our troops home, and maybe only rotate them into NATO-only bases. Hell, the Russians left Germany to the Germans 20 years ago. We need to do the same.

Actually, it's to our advantage to have our troops base around the world. The USN is really the only branch that can be stationed around the world without relying on bases. I do think we should station more troops along the border. While the military isn't allowed to be a police force, I don't think that applies to rounding up and detaining foreign invaders.

Latest posts

Top Bottom