Julian Assange getting kicked out of the Embassy he has been in since 2012

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
According to reports I'm seeing on TV now, Assange will be ousted from the Ecuadorian Embassy soon.
He's facing multiple charges from many countries currently including the UK which has reached an agreement with Ecuador to arrest him when he leaves their facility in London.
He has been evading sexual assault charges in Sweden and could be extradited to the USA for charges there.
He has been a focus of the investigation into the Hillary Clinton investigation about her hidden emails, and possibly hacked into her private server.
He could face serious charges in the US for hacking into diplomatic cables and secret military plans.
No comment from the US administration currently.

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's been a long time coming. From what I have read he was a plain pain in the butt to deal with and often didn't shower. I am surprised they held out this long to keep him shacked up. You can't tell me that they couldn't get him out of there if they really wanted to and send him to Ecuador.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's been a long time coming. From what I have read he was a plain pain in the butt to deal with and often didn't shower. I am surprised they held out this long to keep him shacked up. You can't tell me that they couldn't get him out of there if they really wanted to and send him to Ecuador.
If he left the embassy, he would have been immediately arrested.

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If he left the embassy, he would have been immediately arrested.

True, if he is seen and recognized. However if he goes to the garage where a diplomatic car is parked while wearing a fat suit with a beard and a little makeup while riding with a diplomatic official it's pretty hard to do so. The Brits can't just stop diplomatic vehicles as they see fit to inspect. Furthermore getting into a helicopter while doing something similar is also possible. For that matter sticking him in an oversized box with a chair and a little padding and being taken to a van for a ride is possible as well. I can think of other ways this could be done but those are pretty quick and simple ones. Think about the pictures you can find online of people being smuggled out of communist berlin and germany during the cold war. I saw a picture of two guys sticking their heads out of where the headlights were fitted to the body of a car. Where there is a will there is a way.

My guess is that Ecuador was planning on turning him over at some point anyway. The rest of the world was in no big hurry it honestly gave them more time to gather evidence while he stayed put in his own personal prison. He was never in jail so speedy trial and such does not apply. The warrants were issued but never able to be properly served so any statute of limitations does not apply either just because he was stuck there. The statue of limitations in most parts of the world require charges to be filed within a certain period, not for a trial to happen. Just because he could not be brought to court does not mean the charges will just magically go away after a certain period of time. That is the reason why some states are issuing John Doe warrants based on DNA. They don't have a true suspect but they still stopped the clock anyway even though memories will still be poor after the time passes which is the reason why the statute of limitations exists to begin with.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
All the hacking is uncalled for, it would seem to me that much more hacking has gone on from foreign governments than we know. Why can't our government strengthen our system? I understand Hillary didn't care about security but surely we can devise a system that would be more secure regarding national security. All we hear is talk about hacking but little appears to be done.

Latest posts

Top Bottom