Just bought a P11

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BReeves

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Have a P3AT but being a Hi Power 9mm fan I found a new P11 in a local pawn shop I just couldn't pass up. Bottom line I really like it, trigger sucks but that was to be expected. The 9 pound pull doesn't really bother me but I have a little trouble pulling the trigger far enough to make it go bang. Ordered a trigger shoe and a couple extra magazines from Kel Tec and am hoping the trigger shoe will help. Also ordered a Hogue Jr from Midway.

Anyway, I set up a silhouette target out back and first try put all ten in the 10 circle at 21 feet. I really like the 3 dot sights and they seem to be right on without any need for adjustment. I'll probably fine tune it off a bench but didn't want to take the time to set up a bench today.

Recoil wasn't near as bad as I expected it to be, am sure the wider double stack grip helps. Much easier on the hand and trigger finger than the 380.

First mag I loaded by hand and won't do that again, last few rounds were a real PTA. My 9mm LULA loader works so well no reason to not use it. Put 30 rounds through it, 10 were Blazer aluminum just to see if it would run them and it worked flawlessly. I really like the gun and it will be my #1 carry from now on.

Will keep the 380 in case I ever need to return the P11 for service or may just sell the 380 and buy another P11.

Stingray

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The 9 pound pull doesn't really bother me but I have a little trouble pulling the trigger far enough to make it go bang. Ordered a trigger shoe and a couple extra magazines from Kel Tec and am hoping the trigger shoe will help. Also ordered a Hogue Jr from Midway.

Replacement base plates for your mags with the grip extensions will help quite a bit too. Glad you like yours, I never could grow to like the trigger and ended up swapping mine off.

-S

BReeves

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The more I play with it the better I like it. Installed the shoe and mag extension this morning. Put 20 rounds of Blazer aluminum and 10 rounds of Gold Dot +P through it to check out the improvements and make sure it would run +P JHP OK. The recoil with +P bumps the trigger guard against the bottom of my trigger finger and stings a bit but doubt I'd notice if I had to use it in a real SD situation. With Blazers it's fine, not near as snappy as the P3AT.

Read on the internet some have trouble with keeping the trigger shoe on so I drilled and taped the left side for two additional 2-56 set screws (two on each side). I also sanded the mold ridges off the inside of the trigger guard. Have close to 100 rounds through it and so far not one single problem. Going to let the wife shoot it this weekend and if she likes it I'll buy her one.

JCW355

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I put some locktite on the trigger itself when installing the trigger shoe and made small holes in the side of the trigger so the screws would actually be sunk down a little to hold better. Mine never came off. The gun is an accurate gun off the bench.

Latest posts

Top Bottom