Just curious

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RezRunner

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am looking to trade or sell my Springfield Amory XD. I am looking for another 9mm subcompact that is not outrageous in price. Honestly I have been looking at (Back Off Haters) Taurus GX4 because according to hundreds of post online these are suppose to be a decent CCW. I just want opinions and don't want to start a S^(T Storm in the forums. Let me know what you guys think. I am wanting to move all or most of my handguns to 9mm. That is why I am asking.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am looking to trade or sell my Springfield Amory XD. I am looking for another 9mm subcompact that is not outrageous in price. Honestly I have been looking at (Back Off Haters) Taurus GX4 because according to hundreds of post online these are suppose to be a decent CCW. I just want opinions and don't want to start a S^(T Storm in the forums. Let me know what you guys think. I am wanting to move all or most of my handguns to 9mm. That is why I am asking.
Is there a reason you don't want a subcompact Springfield? Or a subcompact S&W, Sig or Glock?

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Taurus GX4 looks nice, however after buying an XD I am hooked. Also really like the S&W M&Ps, they really redeemed themselves after their foray into the polymer pistol market. I decided on 9mm long ago, think it balances velocity and power and capacity quite well. Also the variety of commercially available rounds is a big plus.

RezRunner

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Taurus GX4 looks nice, however after buying an XD I am hooked. Also really like the S&W M&Ps, they really redeemed themselves after their foray into the polymer pistol market. I decided on 9mm long ago, think it balances velocity and power and capacity quite well. Also the variety of commercially available rounds is a big plus.
I was actually looking at the XD subcompact also. I want something very concealable. I know that there are some S&W M&P's that some say aren't so good but others that are Very Good. Which ones are which?

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was actually looking at the XD subcompact also. I want something very concealable. I know that there are some S&W M&P's that some say aren't so good but others that are Very Good. Which ones are which?

I think XD-SC and M&P Compact are comparable quality, size and accuracy wise. I think the S&W M&P compact is more conducive to concealed carry (more rounded edges). Hate to admit it though, like the grip safety on the Springfield. Both are robustly built and abought the same weight. tough to decide. I did get to handle the aforementioned Taurus, did not break it down. I find myself carrying the S&W more because of the shape and night sights.

68mustang

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think your best bet would be to go to the range and shoot a couple. I will say I recently bought a 365xl with a red dot and it's amazing. I had a shield 9mm and a pf9 and sold them both when I bought that gun. It's pricy but dang is it good out of the box. And a red dot is a game changer.

emapples

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have carried an XD 40 sub C for 5 years or so, It’s not a terrible carry gun in my opinion but it is a little thicker than the New Hotness carry guns but it also has a full-size grip

Latest posts

Top Bottom