Just going to leave this here

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I must have gotten lucky, the only side effect I had was an upset stomach. That wasn't even an issue is I ate more.

Heard a few people have dreams and psychotic breaks but have never met anyone like that.

I had incredible dreams, but also bad thoughts. Really dark stuff that's completely unlike me.

Legend

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Saw this the other day. Vape.jpg

stick4

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Decided to stop after 40 yrs & quit on our wedding anniversary date. Took Zyban for one month. Stopped cold turkey and no cravings or withdrawal symptoms. 16 yrs later I'm a survivor of a HA that likely would have killed me 10 yrs ago had I not quit. Life's good!

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I quit after 41 years of smoking cigarettes and pipes. Doctor gave me a prescription for Welbutrin and told me to taper off with the number of pills taken over time. At the same time, I tapered off smoking by going longer each time before taking a smoke break.

Also used the Farmer's Almanac to choose a quit date that was within "the signs." That was April 19, 2003. That was my chosen quit date. Quit that morning at about 7:00 am and we spent the day out without the pipe and tobacco.

36 hours later, the really strong urges were gone, although there were occasional urges, but easily controlled.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Quit a 2 pack a day chain smoker habit in the 70’s cold turkey.
Worked my butt off keeping my hands busy to not get that repetitive part of the addiction started again and finally weaned myself off the nicotine.
Rough road but it’s paid off. Can’t stand to go into any smoking facility now.
I lost both my parents to lung cancer as both were chain smokers, and my sister is on oxygen from the same habit. Terrible drug that kills.

Latest posts

Top Bottom