Just gonna put this out there for the election in 2012

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

copertop80

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If everyone so scared of Palin and Trump, mabey we should put them on a ticket togather elect them and scare all the "oh my Gods" to death. Then we could get back to REbuilding our country

Just a thought and shoot not even a serious one but you know they can't do any worse than what we have right now

abinok

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Actually a Palin/Trump could do worst than we have right now... Heres how.

1. Republicans name Trump/Palin as nominees.
2. Lots of conservatives get excited.
3. The independants are repulsed by the polarizing personalities of said running mates.
4. "enough" independants vote for Barry Obama.
5. Conservatives pray for the chance to try again in 2016.

Best case scenario: Trump/Palin = President Obama part 2, Republican controlled House and Senate.

Im still a young man compared to many on this forum, and ive only voted in presidential elections a few times, but I am getting really tired of having to place my vote for the lesser of two evils.

Where is the canidate I can get excited about voting for without knowing that placing my vote with him means robbing a more moderate canidate of a vote and thereby voting by default for the next marxist in two party clothing.

Bierhunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Actually a Palin/Trump could do worst than we have right now... Heres how.

1. Republicans name Trump/Palin as nominees.
2. Lots of conservatives get excited.
3. The independants are repulsed by the polarizing personalities of said running mates.
4. "enough" independants vote for Barry Obama.
5. Conservatives pray for the chance to try again in 2016.

Best case scenario: Trump/Palin = President Obama part 2, Republican controlled House and Senate.

Im still a young man compared to many on this forum, and ive only voted in presidential elections a few times, but I am getting really tired of having to place my vote for the lesser of two evils.

Where is the canidate I can get excited about voting for without knowing that placing my vote with him means robbing a more moderate canidate of a vote and thereby voting by default for the next marxist in two party clothing.

That's my fear as well.

Without viable candidates for us to vote for, we'll split up among candidates. Obama supporters will still cohesively vote for him though.

okiemaggie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You are just too young to remember Jimmy Carter as anything but two paragraphs in a history book. What a disaster he was during his term. But we were voting agains the lawless Nixon gang and his "pardon me boy" Gerald Ford.
This business of "voting against" is killing us as a country. We seem never to be solidly for anything. Even now, I cannot say I'm solidly for any candidate I've listened to. But I am solidly against wasting the country's time with Palin or Trump. Neither is a moderate, a statesman, or a diplomat. Both are only entertainment and isn't that just soooo important! (rant off)

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Presidential elections are nothing more than American Idol with a larger budget. Maggie is right, it's entertainment for the proles...it's not even politics at this point.

We should just combine all the "America's Got Pop Stars" shows into one show, and the winner gets to be president as well as a Billboard Top 10 artist. Text the number at the bottom of your screen to vote for your favorite candidate!

Idiocracy was a prophecy, and I refuse to participate. I refuse to vote for the lesser of two evils. I refuse to take presidential politics seriously when I can no longer differentiate it from The Onion or Saturday Night Live skits.

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Presidential elections are nothing more than American Idol with a larger budget. Maggie is right, it's entertainment for the proles...it's not even politics at this point.

We should just combine all the "America's Got Pop Stars" shows into one show, and the winner gets to be president as well as a Billboard Top 10 artist. Text the number at the bottom of your screen to vote for your favorite candidate!

Idiocracy was a prophecy, and I refuse to participate. I refuse to vote for the lesser of two evils. I refuse to take presidential politics seriously when I can no longer differentiate it from The Onion or Saturday Night Live skits.

Why don't you run? I'm on board with your views already....

dutchwrangler

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
You are just too young to remember Jimmy Carter as anything but two paragraphs in a history book. What a disaster he was during his term. But we were voting agains the lawless Nixon gang and his "pardon me boy" Gerald Ford.
This business of "voting against" is killing us as a country. We seem never to be solidly for anything. Even now, I cannot say I'm solidly for any candidate I've listened to. But I am solidly against wasting the country's time with Palin or Trump. Neither is a moderate, a statesman, or a diplomat. Both are only entertainment and isn't that just soooo important! (rant off)

Throughout my time on this forum when it has come to discussions with regard elections and to the Constitution I have always held steadfast to the belief that support should be given to the man or woman who will defend the Declaration of Independence, the Constitution and the Bill of Rights at all costs. As there is a shortage of people willing to do this when it comes to candidates I am forced by my conscience to abstain from voting.

I see no hope of a bright future for this nation when those who are chosen to SERVE the people immediately take it upon themselves to dictate, mandate and control WE THE PEOPLE.

soonerwings

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Of course it's a no win situation, low voter turnout only serves to produce radicals from both ends of the spectrum which further serves to increased partisan bickering. Think about it...who votes in low voter turnout elections but those who feel strongly one way or the other. If more centrists bothered to vote then we'd see some more centrist type candidates.

Latest posts

Top Bottom