Just got a new pair of Crocs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ok. Back to the OP. Serious question. I have a bum right knee and looks like my schedule says no surgery this summer maybe the fall. When I wear the foam shoe things when we go to the lake or at the beach back home in CA it seems like I walk alot easier than my normal gimp'y swagger when wearing my usual pull-on Vans. Wondering how the walking is in the Crocs?

I tried the Vans; couldn't walk in them comfortably...my issue is the amount of nerve damage from all the damn surgeries, they cut into me along the back of my leg from my heel up to almost the back of my knee, 5 times, so pretty much any shoe that has a back on it is painful. Crocs, and other back-less slip-ons like them are about all I can wear for any period of time. I can manage a pair of well padded New Balance "running" shoes for a couple hours sometimes. Going to the range in Crocs sucks cause I guarantee a hot shell casing will find its way in those little holes in them and you will be doing the hot-foot dance; which is not a good thing when you have a loaded weapon in your hand. You'll notice a lot of people in hospitals and clinics wear them. I know they are ugly as hell, but who gives a shizz? I'm gonna slide my old beat up feets in a pair of Crocs today and go about my bidness, and if some cross-dresser like Kendall hits on me, I'll just flash my Man Card and tell him to go peddle his booty somewhere else.

druryj

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Maybe she's unhappy and eating makes her feel better? Did you ever consider that?

Hell, I'm happy as can be, and that 3-enchilada dinner sounds good right now! I'm happy, and just like to eat, and I can flat out eats me some enchiladas! If it gets to the point you start hearing a beep-beep-beep when I back up, I'll go on a diet. Maybe.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I tried the Vans; couldn't walk in them comfortably...my issue is the amount of nerve damage from all the damn surgeries, they cut into me along the back of my leg from my heel up to almost the back of my knee, 5 times, so pretty much any shoe that has a back on it is painful. Crocs, and other back-less slip-ons like them are about all I can wear for any period of time. I can manage a pair of well padded New Balance "running" shoes for a couple hours sometimes. Going to the range in Crocs sucks cause I guarantee a hot shell casing will find its way in those little holes in them and you will be doing the hot-foot dance; which is not a good thing when you have a loaded weapon in your hand. You'll notice a lot of people in hospitals and clinics wear them. I know they are ugly as hell, but who gives a shizz? I'm gonna slide my old beat up feets in a pair of Crocs today and go about my bidness, and if some cross-dresser like Kendall hits on me, I'll just flash my Man Card and tell him to go peddle his booty somewhere else.
Ok. I'm sold. Wal-Mart's here I come...

(Tapatalk)- on the road.

druryj

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Camo all the way!
Image1464902016.916254.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Commander Keen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok. Back to the OP. Serious question. I have a bum right knee and looks like my schedule says no surgery this summer maybe the fall. When I wear the foam shoe things when we go to the lake or at the beach back home in CA it seems like I walk alot easier than my normal gimp'y swagger when wearing my usual pull-on Vans. Wondering how the walking is in the Crocs?
If cushioned shoes are good for your knee, try going into a dedicated running store and getting a pair of Hoka's. They're probably the most cushioned shoes you'll ever find.

corwin1968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've been wearing Crocs for years. I've worn holes in two pairs of the original black version, which can be really slick on wet surfaces. I found a pair of nicer brown Crocs that have almost a Vibram-type sole and they are not slippery at all and have lasted much longer than the black rubber pairs. They are my go-to shoes for running errands, going outside for whatever and just wearing around the house for comfort.

Latest posts

Top Bottom