Nothing feels that good!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Went to the local Salvation Army store a week or so ago looking for some more around the house work pants. You know the kind you do not care if they get torn, paint on them, etc. I found a few pairs including a pair of pleated Haggar jeans with the stretch waist band and when I get rich I will buy a few more pairs without the pleat. Looks OK but I am just not use to it.

The real find was a pair of Levis. Someone had spilled some bleach or something on them so they got rid of a perfectly good pair of work jeans. I had forgotten how comfortable a pair of Levis feel. Man it takes me back to when I was a teen. I do not care for Levis politics or being made outside the US and I sure was not going to pay the price for a new pair, but $6 going to a cause I can live with. I have not worn a pair in probably 40 years or more but I am sitting here now in Levis and a wrangler western style shirt and it feels good. Just wish I could still wear boots. I would feel like a kid again. :P

Last edited:

bigred1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Went to the local Salvation Army store a week or so ago looking for some more around the house work pants. You know the kind you do not care if they get torn, paint on them, etc. I found a few pairs including a pair of pleated Haggar jeans with the stretch waist band and when I get rich I will buy a few more pairs without the pleat. Looks OK but I am just not use to it.

The real find was a pair of Levis. Someone had spilled some bleach or something on them so they got rid of a perfectly good pair of work jeans. I had forgotten how comfortable a pair of Levis feel. Man it takes me back to when I was a teen. I do not care for Levis politics ot being made outside the US and I sure was not going to pay the price for a new pair, but $6 going to a cause I can live with. I have not worn a pair in probably 40 years or more but I am sitting here now in Levis and a wrangler western style shirt and it feels good. Just wish I could still wear boots. I would feel like a kid again. :P
Since I was a teen out on my own I've wore Levi's jeans....probably be buried in a pair.

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I havent had a pair of Levi's on in over 30 years since i started my last job and they supplied my work clothes including what ever brand of jeans the cleaning company supplied didnt like most of them but they were free and i didnt have to replace them out of my own pocket when something went south.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Good find, doesn't add anything to their profit, don't expect them to last as long as the Levi's of your youth. I think modern Levi's are made of recycled dryer lint.
Way back, I wore 501s for 25 years or so then when they changed I wore Carhartt jeans for about 25 years. Unfortunately I think they're both made of dryer lint these days.

I've been on a search for a decent pair of jeans that don't cost near $100. If I had a few pair of the good quality jeans that Carhartt used to make, they would probably last me the rest of my life.

Latest posts

Top Bottom