Nothing feels that good!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The problem with a lot of jeans is they don't make 36 inseam. And since everything is from the land of almost right you just about have to try them on to see if the size is right.

Ha! You oughta be a fatboy trying to find things that fit. According to the clothing manufacturers, the fatter you are around the waist, the shorter your legs are. However, the bigger the shirt, the longer the arms. I swear, if we were built the way their clothes are sized, we would look like this...

1619033524_376932.png

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ha! You oughta be a fatboy trying to find things that fit.
There’s even oddities in the big and tall sizes. I got a pair of big and tall britches that said “Athletic fit.” Apparently, their definition of “athletic” means that you have, at some point in your life, been asked “Are those your legs, or are you riding a chicken?”

My definition of “athletic“ is more along the lines of an NFL interior lineman with big ol’ cankles, so those britches fit fine in the seat and upper leg area, but those lower legs are more like compression socks…

AER244

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rick- glad you got you some comfy work britches and helped the folks at goodwill while doing it.

Duluth trading stuff seems to hold up pretty well. It’s not particularly cheap, but like all clothes they go on sale and get cheap enough.

And agree on the Levi’s, I’m a tall fella myself and that zipper is way too short. Too easy to get road rash where you don’t want it. Probably works fine for women though. Since I don’t plan on transitioning any time soon, I’ll leave the Levi’s at the store.

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
Went to the local Salvation Army store a week or so ago looking for some more around the house work pants. You know the kind you do not care if they get torn, paint on them, etc. I found a few pairs including a pair of pleated Haggar jeans with the stretch waist band and when I get rich I will buy a few more pairs without the pleat. Looks OK but I am just not use to it.

The real find was a pair of Levis. Someone had spilled some bleach or something on them so they got rid of a perfectly good pair of work jeans. I had forgotten how comfortable a pair of Levis feel. Man it takes me back to when I was a teen. I do not care for Levis politics or being made outside the US and I sure was not going to pay the price for a new pair, but $6 going to a cause I can live with. I have not worn a pair in probably 40 years or more but I am sitting here now in Levis and a wrangler western style shirt and it feels good. Just wish I could still wear boots. I would feel like a kid again. :P
At our age simple plesures are the best!!!

Birdseed

Marksman
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
I wear Duluth trading shirts, they are top quality and the wife has bought me some for my birthday. I wear wrangler cargo pants or cargo shorts, for the pockets. However, for my retirement uniform, shorts and a tee shirt.

madokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
i only wear jeans in the winter,, bought from wal mart, wranglers.. i usually wear thin slacks i get from the thrift store @ nw23 and portland,,they have a long rack of mens slacks and jeans,,,,,,,,i only buy whats on sale,.50 cents to a $1.00..plenty of nice,pants and shirts..

Latest posts

Top Bottom