Justice Kennedy Retiring

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deerwhacker444

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
From Drudge:

This has been a problem. While Trump may get some good people (not Sessions) for his administration and such by yanking them from the legislature, he may be putting those seats in jeopardy. Otherwise I'd agree with the pick.
Utah is like the 3rd Reddest state behind OK and WV. If they can't ensure a Red senator from Utah if Lee is selected, then nothing is safe.

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That would be too smart. She would be great. I don’t know why Trump wouldn’t.
If you think that, then you know nothing about her. She has a highly checkered past with regards to ethics, and her judicial experience was as a county court judge; no appellate court experience (hint: SCOTUS is almost exclusively appellate), and certainly nothing federal.

She's a TV star, not a serious jurist. You may as well suggest Judge Judy.

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Praise God!!! Now maybe we can get the gay marriage crap overturned. Would also be nice to get abortion made illegal as well. Along with many they things. Ginsburg should be forced to retire. She does nothing but sleep. That and ruin our nation. It is sickening to have a SC justice that hates America. Gee I wonder how they are gonna vote??
And while we're at it, under what authority should she be "forced to retire?" I've read the Constitution; have you?

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm noticing that some of the arguments and philosophies around here lately look like they came from the DU playbook. Basically, I don't agree with you so let's take away your rights.

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
maxine.png

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
And while we're at it, under what authority should she be "forced to retire?" I've read the Constitution; have you?

I was wondering, I don't know of any actual provision to forcibly remove a Supreme Court Justice. Is there one explicitly spelled out? Felony crimes, dementia, etc.? Just curious...

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was wondering, I don't know of any actual provision to forcibly remove a Supreme Court Justice. Is there one explicitly spelled out? Felony crimes, dementia, etc.? Just curious...
None whatsoever. Federal judges--all federal judges--enjoy lifetime tenure, subject only to impeachment.

(Note: magistrate judges aren't really judges, but that's beyond the scope of this discussion.)

Latest posts

Top Bottom