Kahr cw380 or Taurus TCP

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

raeken45

Made of wrongthink
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am looking to replace my now sold p3at with a new pocket gun. I am trying to decide between the Kahr cw380 and Taurus TCP. The LCP is not comfortable for me so it is out and the sig is nice but more than i want to spend. They both have things I like and things I don't but I think I am leaning towards the Kahr. Anybody have any experience with them and which do you prefer.

bigcountryok

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't have any experience with the Taurus, but I love my cw380. I have about 350 rounds through it. It goes with me everywhere. Felt recoil is much less than the LCP, it has decent sights, and it is accurate.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've carried the Kahr P3AT for five years now. I shoot it once a month, and clean the pocket lint from it. Repeat.

My truck pistol is a Kahr CW40. My car gun is a Kahr CW40.

The actions are tight, and mine are 100% reliable.

Hoov

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
At least with Taurus, they will fix it somewhat timely. Kahr, I am not very thrilled with their products or service. We had a gentleman who had bought a Kahr, carried it for a full year and then he decides to shoot it. It didn't work. It would not come apart. This is one of many instances from them. Get a Glock 42 and go on down the road.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've had a totally different experience with their customer service.

My second CW-40 broke the ejector twice. I sent it in and they replaced the ejector.

Broke again when getting it back with a new mag at no cost. Sent it back in the second time, and they replaced the slide, giving me another new mag.

Pretty good service IMHO.

burdicda

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I own Kahr and Taurus.....the 380 Kahr will spoil you...it is tiny ... and deadly accurate...you won't believe it...see if you can shoot one at a range
(rental)...next up is a Kahr CM9...the most popular selling Kahr for conceal right now....

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The kahr. I had a tcp that had major issues. It went away.

I'll try to explain the issue. The trigger is DAO as is most small pistols. Well, intermittently the trigger would get really gritty and heavy and then fire about 1/4 through the trigger pull. You could see the hammer wasnt even coming back fully and it was firing. It would do it randomly. It never had an FTF or FTE, but the trigger issue made it go away.

Latest posts

Top Bottom