Kahr CW9

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mhphoto

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Took my wife's CW9 to the range today to break it in.

Overall I'm very impressed. No issues with it at all (except some personal difficulties going straight from my USP's short SA trigger pull to the CW's DAO pull; there were several comical flinches).

We put about 100 rounds through it. Recoil is very manageable, as is the trigger pull once you learn how to stage it properly.

I'd imagine that this gun would also be great in the two other calibers (.40 and .45).

It rides in a CrossBreed Minituck holster and hides under shirts very well.

I've heard people say that a gun and holster are so comfortable that they forget that they're wearing them, but I literally forgot I was wearing it today. Much more livable than my HK (which also rides in a CrossBreed).

ai23.photobucket.com_albums_b375_randy25rhoads_newgunsandoscar64_Version2.jpg

I had my heart set on a Glock 29 as my next purchase, but I have to say I'm leaning towards getting a Kahr K40 with a black finish now. It'll hide a lot better than the HK and Glock.

I also shot my Chiappa 1911-22 today, but only put about 50 rounds through it. I don't have enough time behind it to review it.

The only thing I don't like about the Kahr is reassembling it after cleanings. That recoil spring is a bear to get back in.

Used Ballistol for the first time today also. I can say that I recommend it. It's a great solvent/lube (even though I used Hoppe's for lube). I like everything except the smell. Some people say it smells like black licorice, I say it smells like the back of a horse. Works great though.

Latest posts

Top Bottom