Kayak’s?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I fish with a 13 foot Viking, sit on top. It is the sauce for big water (made for saltwater) - Like some others have said, sit on top is the way to go.

Wife has a 10 foot Heritage Angler - it gets "loaned" to whoever is fishing with me, and it's a solid kayak, but if I had it to do again, I'd get the 12 foot model. Do that and get a 100 dollar seat and you're in business.

I used to haul kayaks on the roof of the SUV - the 50 dollar roof racks from Amazon work great. There's some easy to learn tricks to loading/unloading, if you need any advice PM me.

Will do and thanks! Seems like sit on is the choice. Also a good wide one. I have the rack figured out on the Jeep TJ.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You'll also need to decide if you want a 'sit-in' or a 'sit-on'. I prefer the 'sit-on', but everyone is different.

Dunham's in Shawnee also has a very good selection of kayaks.

They may still rent kayaks at the north end of Lake Overholser. Could try 'em before you buy 'em....

Best of luck in your decision!

Don't think so ... I haven't seen him out there in quite a while ... But then may be I'm just out there at the wrong times ... 🤷 Who knows??

Ann Wilson

New to the site!
Reaction score
Highly recommend you go talk to OKC Kayak or Tulsa Kayak and RENT before you buy! I kayak here in OK and other states YEAR ROUND. 10 months of the year, weekly! Many times in OK its not windy. You have to see what you want, what fits your needs and hauling abilities. I recommend you buy a mid priced- level kayak. You will enjoy the experience so much more, paddle a LOT less and stay upright easier! The correct, light weight paddle makes a HUGE difference too. My personal preference is a Sit inside.
192601676_10219187244494462_4000296634865833782_n.jpg

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Highly recommend you go talk to OKC Kayak or Tulsa Kayak and RENT before you buy! I kayak here in OK and other states YEAR ROUND. 10 months of the year, weekly! Many times in OK its not windy. You have to see what you want, what fits your needs and hauling abilities. I recommend you buy a mid priced- level kayak. You will enjoy the experience so much more, paddle a LOT less and stay upright easier! The correct, light weight paddle makes a HUGE difference too. My personal preference is a Sit inside.
192601676_10219187244494462_4000296634865833782_n.jpg

What a cool photo! We were at Greenleaf State park for 2 days watching people have a blast! My dog is 72 lbs. He is a swimmer is an understatement. While at Greenleaf he kept wanting to swim out to a wake buoy, it was a long ways out. He caught me messing with my Jeep and off he went, I let him and he went to the wake buoy and came back! I had a young man that volunteered to paddle out behind him in case he tired, but he never did! I hope I can find a kayak big enough for him to ride too.

9A23C3B4-6166-4D1B-9327-28A97F49EEBA.jpeg
31285BA9-3285-424C-87EC-D6BCBD8BA316.png

Letfreedomring

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What a cool photo! We were at Greenleaf State park for 2 days watching people have a blast! My dog is 72 lbs. He is a swimmer is an understatement. While at Greenleaf he kept wanting to swim out to a wake buoy, it was a long ways out. He caught me messing with my Jeep and off he went, I let him and he went to the wake buoy and came back! I had a young man that volunteered to paddle out behind him in case he tired, but he never did! I hope I can find a kayak big enough for him to ride too.

View attachment 310942View attachment 310943
Hell, just find a kayak with scupper holes big enough for his paws to fit thru and enjoy the free ride! :laugh6:

Tinytim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Will you please remove that apostrophe?
It denotes something the kayak possesses. It’s never used for a plural (more than one) form.
When in doubt don’t use one.
It’s something I expect from a 1911 shooter.
Anyone paddle Kayak’s? I am wanting to try one. Don’t know where to start. I don’t know Jack **** about them. I would rather buy once and cry once than buy and regret. Do I start at an Academy?
where are you located? If close you could try one of mine (cabin N.W. of Guthrie) I have five at the cabin and 2-3 at the house (calumet) water near both, I’m here all week, leaving Saturday and will be gone 3- weeks.

Latest posts

Top Bottom