Kayak’s?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Anyone paddle Kayak’s? I am wanting to try one. Don’t know where to start. I don’t know Jack **** about them. I would rather buy once and cry once than buy and regret. Do I start at an Academy?

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Our new house is near a neighborhood lake, about 7 acre water surface. I’m looking forward to getting a kayak or two.

TinkerTanker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My only advice is to keep your head on a swivel. I can't tell you how many times we've almost run over someone paddling out in the middle of the lake, head stuck in a phone, and just tearing across a major "roadway" on the water. Motor boats are like cars, kayaks are like pedestrians. You gotta keep an eye out and stay in safe areas or you're liable to get hurt or cause an accident. Boats do not have brakes and they go quite a ways before they get stopped.

Last edited:

OkieJoe72

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Academy has a wide range of quality from cheap to pretty good. It all depends what your main purpose will be for using it. I have both an Old Town canoe and kayak that I’ve had for many years with no complaints. I’m pretty sure that Academy still sells Old Town. Not sure where you’re located but OKC Kayak is a good locally owned business. They usually have a good selection of used quality kayaks.

golddigger14s

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Also, look at the type of vehicle you have. Do you want hard-sided heavier, inflatable easier to transport? Use for fishing or just paddling around? One person, two person? Even the hated Walmart has some decent ones. Make sure the paddle has drip rings.

Latest posts

Top Bottom