Keeping Cattle out of Feeders

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bocephus123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have had a feeder with corn surrounded by 6 16 foot hog panels 3 foot tall out for about a month. Still no deer at it, what would y’all suggest I should do.
you have no Deer or your not seeing them.... they have no problem with those panels. and it takes some time to get the deer on a pattern.

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have had a feeder with corn surrounded by 6 16 foot hog panels 3 foot tall out for about a month. Still no deer at it, what would y’all suggest I should do.
Not sure of your location but in most places the deer probably have a ton of forage growing on the ground to worry about visiting a feeder. With the hot weather lately they may be laying low during the day and coming out more at night. Also, give it time. If October starts rolling around and youre not seeing deer then you may have a "concern". We have a ton of deer on our property all Fall and winter. I'm seeing deer now but only a couple per week out in our pastures and its only been at night. Haven't seen a day time deer in many months.

Latest posts

Top Bottom