KEL-TEC P-3AT .va Ruger LCP

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GoArmy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am thinking of purchasing a "pocket pistol" and have been looking at a few diffrent .380 autos.

I kind of narrowed down my choices to the KEL-TEC P-3AT or the Ruger LCP.

Anyone here owned one, or BOTH? What did you think? or like? (or not like about either)?

If you could only have one... which one? And why?

Thanks for the feedback.

XD-9Guy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The LCP is ergonomically more comfortable to hold but the KelTec is cheaper, shooting them I don't notice a huge difference. I bought a KelTec because I found a good deal on one. I've fired the LCP & I would not pay more for the better finish.

powdernlead

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I owned an LCP for a couple years and liked it very much. I had the opportunity to shoot both the P3AT and the LCP side by side. The kel-tec pinched my trigger finger and hurt my hand more than the LCP. The LCP didnt pinch my trigger finger at all and has a slide lock, which is handy at the range for safety reasons. I would say that if the price difference isnt huge it would be a toss-up

tyromeo55

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ive sold quite a few of both but have never shot either but have repaired a customers Keltec (not one I sold). Visually, The LCP looks as if it is a direct copy of the Keltec just a lot nicer fit and finish. They are both very simple to take apart and the parts I needed to repair the p3at were extremely cheap. I think I paid a Buck or so shipped. The LCP has a slide lock which is very handy and came with a zippered pouch where the p3at did not. I have had two customers come back to me and say that they did wish they would of spent the little more and get the Ruger. Ultimately Im sure you would be happy with either Id get which ever one fits you get a better deal on

FAL guy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I like the Ruger better. The frame is glass filled nylon vs. The polymer frame on the kel-tec. The glass filled nylon is stronger ounce for ounce which allowed Ruger to make it slightly thinner. The Ruger just feels better in my hand and in my pocket.

Latest posts

Top Bottom