kel tec say what?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BallisticBiker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
if they said "kel tec......it's better than chuckin rocks" i could've bought that. but the standard for self defense in the firearms industry is laughable.

any of ya'll got 2000 rnds through your kel tec handgun?

Laughable? I'm sure Ruger is laughing all the way to the bank. :D
I don't have a Kel-Tec, nor do I have a Kimber...But I wouldn't hesitate to carry either one. (well, maybe the Kimber...hehe)
The Kel-Tec pistol is merely a self defense tool, I highly doubt it was designed for thousands upon thousands of rounds at the range.(as Reddog1 pointed out while I was hunting & pecking) Although my buddy is pretty darn close, if not over, the magic number of 2000 rounds down range. We plink for fun and practice fairly often, and he dusts off his EDC every now & again while we're there.

Sorry if I ruffled any feathers...I was just havin' a little fun. But don't worry, my posts will probably be moderated away anyway.
I just crack up at all the usual gun forum snobbery found on just about every gun forum I've ever looked at. "Kel-Tec sucks; Hi-Point sucks; Glocks suck; Rugers suck; Springfield sucks; Kimber sucks; DPMS sucks; Ed Brown's a dick"...it never fails and it never ends. And that, my friend, is laughable. I was just laughing with you, not at you. :P

Last edited:

saddlebum

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you haven't shot 2000 rounds through your carry gun then you are either buying a new carry gun all the time or you aint shootin enough

riper1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Kel-tecs work. I have put 2000+ rounds thru a PF9, I have 3 kel-tecs and they all work perfectly, you should buy one & use it, then you have the right to a opinion

saddlebum

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Kel-tecs work. I have put 2000+ rounds thru a PF9, I have 3 kel-tecs and they all work perfectly, you should buy one & use it, then you have the right to a opinion
i've owned dozens of them.most of them worked for the few rounds i fired through them. None of them were professional quality.

There's a reason no police departments, no military's and no pro shooters use kel tec

p.s. You'd be hard pressed to name a handgun i haven't owned or shot extensively

BallisticBiker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Shoulda bought a Kimber.
I mean, how much do you value the life of you and your family?![/QUOTE

It may be purely anecdotal, but I've seen more reliability complaints from Kimber owners than from Kel-Tec owners.

Yep, that was the joke.
The dude I was typing to is my shooting buddy & it's an inside joke with us... If anything goes wrong with anything - "Shoulda bought a Kimber." And we laugh and laugh...Good times, man...good times.

If you haven't shot 2000 rounds through your carry gun then you are either buying a new carry gun all the time or you aint shootin enough

Now we move on to training snobbery? LOL! I don't count my bullets, let alone his. We shoot, we reload, we shoot some more.
Either way, I feel confident that either one of us can hit a designated target in the "typical" civilian shooting range. (for lack of a better term) And I feel confident that his Kel-tec will do its part. Anyway, from what I gather, it's usually a distance of less than arms length out to about eleven feet. Hope I never have to find out...
I'm not going to down play training - it is very important. But at the same time, no need to act all spec-ops about it... If you feel you need exactly 2000 rounds to master about eleven feet of accuracy, rock on. But there's no reason to try to belittle anybody on the matter.
I'm sorry if your "poop on Kel-Tec" thread isn't going exactly as you had envisioned it would...

Latest posts

Top Bottom