kel tec say what?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

saddlebum

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yep, that was the joke.
The dude I was typing to is my shooting buddy & it's an inside joke with us... If anything goes wrong with anything - "Shoulda bought a Kimber." And we laugh and laugh...Good times, man...good times.

Now we move on to training snobbery? LOL! I don't count my bullets, let alone his. We shoot, we reload, we shoot some more.
Either way, I feel confident that either one of us can hit a designated target in the "typical" civilian shooting range. (for lack of a better term) And I feel confident that his Kel-tec will do its part. Anyway, from what I gather, it's usually a distance of less than arms length out to about eleven feet. Hope I never have to find out...
I'm not going to down play training - it is very important. But at the same time, no need to act all spec-ops about it... If you feel you need exactly 2000 rounds to master about eleven feet of accuracy, rock on. But there's no reason to try to belittle anybody on the matter.
I'm sorry if your "poop on Kel-Tec" thread isn't going exactly as you had envisioned it would...
if you're happy with kel tec thats fine by me but dont try tell me they are the standard.
That 2000 rounds was a question not a statement?thats what "?" means

okiebryan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
if they said "kel tec......it's better than chuckin rocks" i could've bought that. but the standard for self defense in the firearms industry is laughable.

any of ya'll got 2000 rnds through your kel tec handgun?

Yeah, I have more than 2000 through my P11, but I have done a little polishing on it and replaced the ejector and extractor. Cool thing is, when I called KT, they mailed me 4 of each part, so I have spares. Takes 20 mins to change them out. Never made my gun nonfunctional, just caused occasional FTE. It's all better, now.

okiebryan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Know what? If you fire 3-5K rounds through a P-11 or any other handgun from KT, and you manage to break it or wear it out, you can mail it back to them and you get a new gun with the same serial number on it. FREE. Will Kimber do that?

BallisticBiker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i've owned dozens of them.most of them worked for the few rounds i fired through them. None of them were professional quality.

There's a reason no police departments, no military's and no pro shooters use kel tec

p.s. You'd be hard pressed to name a handgun i haven't owned or shot extensively

Well, bully for you! :woohoo1: Oh yeah...all of those sucked too! bwahahaha
I know at least a couple of local LEO's that seem to have no problem carrying them off duty, though...
Again, these pistols we are discussing were not designed for law enforcement, military or pro shooting applications. Jeeze man...Why do you feel so driven to hate on a particular gun? The commercial you saw on tv really got you this worked up?
You've owned 'em, you've shot 'em, apparently you don't care for them. Okay, I get it. :giveup:
Aren't you glad you gotta Kimber? hahahahahahaahaha

BallisticBiker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
if you're happy with kel tec thats fine by me but dont try tell me they are the standard.
(snip)

Yeah, "standard" could certainly be perceived as pushing it...But again, Ruger and S&W sure have made a killing off of the design! And also, again, I don't have a Kel-Tec...I just don't get the whole "that gun sucks" thing, I guess.

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
same argument of a kia and a cadillac, both will get you there, but they are not the same. Can't hardly compare a $200 pistol to a $500, but some high end fail too, but because of the sticker we just take it, lol. I haven't owned a p11 in a long time, but if I found a deal on one again, I probably would again. I still have a p32 and p3at, prefer something with more punch but when in need for something that small, they work.

Latest posts

Top Bottom