KFOR news clip about the hog issue in OK

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I haven't seen any (or evidence of any) on our small acreage here. Haven't heard anyone local complaining about them. But I be they're out there. Saw plenty over in the SW corner of the state.

If you’re where I believe you are they are North, South, East and West of ya. I don’t know how close, but you’re surrounded.

I’ve seen them South of me about 20’ish miles, and I’ve heard they are that far North to the East & West of me but they haven’t arrived here yet. I don’t have any crops so I doubt they are ever a problem for me, but they’re gonna be an issue for the neighbors.

OKRuss

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you’re where I believe you are they are North, South, East and West of ya. I don’t know how close, but you’re surrounded.

I’ve seen them South of me about 20’ish miles, and I’ve heard they are that far North to the East & West of me but they haven’t arrived here yet. I don’t have any crops so I doubt they are ever a problem for me, but they’re gonna be an issue for the neighbors.
I think I saw one hit on the side of the road on the turnpike extension from Mustang to Hwy9. Close to Hwy76 exit. Granted, going 80 mph it's hard to identify 100%.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

I live in the suburbs of Francis...the cultural center of the universe.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think I saw one hit on the side of the road on the turnpike extension from Mustang to Hwy9. Close to Hwy76 exit. Granted, going 80 mph it's hard to identify 100%.

I don’t doubt it.

Those dudes that were wrangling them and hauling them up here to sell hunts back in the day should be kicked square in the nuts.

I heard a story about a guy that had one squirm out of his trailer on Main Street in Crescent on his way to Enid. He saw it get out and just kept on motoring. Another guy saw the hog loose, and then saw a trailer full of hogs and pulled up beside the first guy and said, “hey you lost a hog”. Dude looked in his mirror and then looked at the guy and said “that one ain’t mine” and kept on. Funny, but damn they sure didn’t help anything by hauling them all over the place and turning them loose.

Last edited:

GC7

Not Actually a Grackle
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Grifting is at an all time high. It's like everyone thinks the ship is sinking and it's time to bail on a fancy dinghy instead of trying to repair the hull.

L.C.

👮🏻RETIRED L.E.O.👮🏻
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have killed several hogs on my property and the ranch down the road from me(Legacy Ranch/Brother in law). I was going into Stonewall the other day and in broad daylight a hog up on the hill was heading north.
We have a number of hogs in our area (Stonewall)
Neighbors around me kill hogs all the time.

Latest posts

Top Bottom