KFOR news clip about the hog issue in OK

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hunter966

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ok Corgi Rancher,
There’s two types of people concerning hogs…..
Those that have wild hogs and those that will have wild hogs!

Get ready for’em. 🤣🤣

We rent a really good hog trap here in Caddo County and surrounding counties, the majority of landowners/renters have hog problems.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I really wish I could find someone that would let me pop a couple hogs. I have a 458 SOCOM and a 300 blackout that I've always wanted to use on them. But I have no connections to anyone that needs them taken out. 😔
When it gets to be the problem some pretend it already is, there will be folks happy to have you shoot them.

hbokc

Marksman
Reaction score
This Battle is Lost…
Look at Every State that has Dealt with Feral Hogs and None have Succeeded…
When I Worked on Ranches in far Southwest Texas 25 years ago We were told to shoot ‘em and leave ‘em anywhere We found ‘em…

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This Battle is Lost…
When I Worked on Ranches in far Southwest Texas 25 years ago We were told to shoot ‘em and leave ‘em anywhere We found ‘em…
Colorado has done well.

Allowing people to charge to kill an invasive species is a perverse incentive ant its finest. Only thing worse would be a bounty on the head of wild hogs. The Cobra Effect: Good Intentions, Perverse Outcomes

Last edited:

hbokc

Marksman
Reaction score
I Recall a so called Study from the 90’s…Sorry I can’t Really Quote…
But it read that in the Perfect Conditions a Single Sow could Mother about Seventy Thousand Piglets in her life time…
Now Cut that in halves or thirds and count Your Wild Sows… There Ain’t No Keepin Up…

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
This Battle is Lost…
KS is doing a great job. No hunting, no hog guiding outfits. KWD traps and helo shoots them. KS biggest issue with hogs comes from Kaw Lake.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
KS is doing a great job. No hunting, no hog guiding outfits. KWD traps and helo shoots them. KS biggest issue with hogs comes from Kaw Lake.
I was going to suggest the ODWC do a test run at eliminating or maybe just start getting control of hogs on WMA’s before they jump out there and want to start programs on private property.
In my opinion, if they can’t control them on state land, as a land owner I would never let them on my place.

Latest posts

Top Bottom