kids and food allergies

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

338Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My wife had a bad reaction to the bounce bar. I had to take her to the ER with a horrible trunk rash and difficulty breathing. It was the most frightening thing I've had to deal with.

patrickcudd

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My 8 year old is allergic to shellfish, eggs and peanuts. The blood test described above gave numbers of 21, 23, and 100+, respectively. (Those that have kids with allergies know what they mean).

We ask lots of questions at restaurants...... Anything baked (eggs), bread (eggs), fried foods (eggs and peanut oil), desserts (eggs and peanuts), ect....

There are ways to fix almost any food using substitutes though, so your kid doesn't have to go without.

n8thegr8

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There are ways to fix almost any food using substitutes though, so your kid doesn't have to go without.

this. I'm thankful for the whole vegan fad, because they've come up with clever ways to do things without eggs. My wife has a chocolate cake recipe (better than any box cake mix for sure) that uses no eggs. I'll have to get it and post it for y'all.

streak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Leave it to OKShooters crowd to know a little about everything, my wife doesn't get why I bring my questions here but she is slowly catching on. The family members are going to be an issue already and I may have peeved the inlaws off with this already. The FIL watches the kiddo several days a week and when I dropped her off yesterday I went over the new rules with the FIL and MIL both that for now on until we know what happened and until further notice the Kiddo travels with the epipen as no chances will be taken. When we go today to pick her up they aren't home so we go to there usual hang outs ( they never eat at home) sure enough find them at a restaurant chowing down, and no epipen. MIL is a long term nurse who thinks I am overreacting and FIL feels the same. Pretty sure I am in trouble with the wife but I let them have it right then and there. I can see this is going to be a struggle to get everyone to be on board....including the wife.:pissed:

Latest posts

Top Bottom