Kid's Bow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm not a bow hunter, and am not really archery-savvy; any opinions on what a good starter compound bow would be for kids? Was looking at a couple online, but as usual, the reviews on them show some stellar reviews and at least one guy that thinks they're crap. It's for an 8 year old - but be aware that he is a big 8 year old, so he could probalby handle something a little more stout. Any advice?

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Going to get this for my 10yo daughter next year, should be able adjust length and weight as they grow. Great reviews and the archery shop that I frequent has sold many with great reviews and no problems. http://missionarchery.com/product/craze/

Adjustability

IBO Rate Up to 306 fps
Physical Weight 3.6 lbs.
Axle to Axle 28"
Brace Height 7.5"
Let-off 80%
Riser Extruded
Draw Weight 15 - 70 lbs
Finish (Riser/Limbs) Lost Camo AT
Draw Length 19 - 30"
Silencers D-Amplifiers™
Suppressors N/A
Cam(s) N/A
Cable Guard Carbon Rod
Bowstrings Zebra® Hybrid
String Length 55 3/4"
Grip Composite
Cable Length 30 7/8"
MSRP $299.00 (Bow Only)

Last edited:

n8thegr8

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
my first bow was a Bear Brave that I got about that age. Probably not good for much but punchin targets I imagine, but I thought it was the coolest thing in the world at the time. Around 13 or so, I upgraded to a PSE Silverhawk, which has a minimum of like 25lb pull (my wife can't pull it back, but if your boy's stout he probably could).

Latest posts

Top Bottom