Bow Value Help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
All. My 16 year old son has severely outgrown his compound bow we got him about 8 or so years ago. I'm not a bow hunter so don't know values, etc. Can I get one of you fellas that knows their stuff and help me out putting a value on this setup we have. I can PM you pics of everything so you can see what we have. Most likely will be selling on OSA if there is interest. Bow is at my Inlaws in Sapulpa. Can someone PM me with some assistance? Thanks, Hoby.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hate to tell you this but used archery equipment has basically ZERO resale value.

I ended up donating to Goodwill a really nice PSE compound setup ready to go hunt. Couldn't get any interest at all even with a $50-$75 price. That bow cost over $400 when new, it didn't have a scratch on it and had extras to go with it.
ETA: A comparable bow today would price at around $700-$800 just for the bow.

I would just list it with a reasonable used price and be willing to deal on it. It's value is still there but people just want the latest and greatest gizmos on their bows. Someone may happen along that can see it still serves it's purpose and buy it, just don't be expecting it to happen fast.

Last edited:

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hate to tell you this but used archery equipment has basically ZERO resale value.

I ended up donating to Goodwill a really nice PSE compound setup ready to go hunt. Couldn't get any interest at all even with a $50-$75 price. That bow cost over $400 when new, it didn't have a scratch on it and had extras to go with it.
ETA: A comparable bow today would price at around $700-$800 just for the bow.

I would just list it with a reasonable used price and be willing to deal on it. It's value is still there but people just want the latest and greatest gizmos on their bows. Someone may happen along that can see it still serves it's purpose and buy it, just don't be expecting it to happen fast.
Basically correct. A bow depreciates in value quickly.

Latest posts

Top Bottom