Killer deal on some land South of Paoli

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is the important part of the sale.

"The parcel is being sold “as is”, with the buyer being responsible for their own due diligence in regards to zoning, licenses, permits, environmental, land uses, etc."
There can be some big gotchas in that. F'rinstance, in Norman east of 24th Ave, the parcel has to be at least ten acres (excluding rural developments and parcels platted before a certain date), or you can't build on it. It would suck to buy that lot and not be able to do anything with it because Paoli had similar restrictive laws in place.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There can be some big gotchas in that. F'rinstance, in Norman east of 24th Ave, the parcel has to be at least ten acres (excluding rural developments and parcels platted before a certain date), or you can't build on it. It would suck to buy that lot and not be able to do anything with it because Paoli had similar restrictive laws in place.
Or there were several pipelines under the ground with easements that don't allow building or permanent structures on the easement.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah, but easements will show up in the title search. You have to go looking for the regulations, city ordinances, and so forth.
The op just said to do due diligence on researching the property. The title search on my home didn't show a pipeline under our utility building when we bought it. When getting ready to build our deck I asked for a check by OKIE, and sure enough a rep from total petroleum in Arkansas City Ks showed up. He showed me where the pipeline crossed a ditch and was now exposed. Line of sight was directly through my building. Fortunately, that pipeline had been abandoned as it was from a well to a tank battery and he said they would never use it, so we got lucky.

Latest posts

Top Bottom