Kimber KDS9C

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SKATA

Leave the gun, take the cannoli
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Anyone shot one yet? I'm gonna snag one as soon as I can find one closer than Tulsa or OKC. I can't believe there aren't a thousand YouTube reviews yet. Only one shooting review and the guy's kind of a knucklehead.
Haven't shot one yet, but I handled one at the gun show for a long time. Fit my hand perfectly, well balanced, and I could probably use it for EDC. Need to sell a couple guns and I will be in line with you to purchase.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was a Kimber Master Dealer and a member on the Kimber Dealer Advisory Board (the top 19 Master Dealers from around the country) from about 2001 - 2009. I also had a website that sold only Kimber OEM parts. I have no idea how many Kimber pistols I sold...but it would've been in the hundreds. I never had one complaint from any customer who bought one. Not a single complaint. Most people who bought one, bought a second or even a third. I've owned maybe 20 or more Kimbers and had one that I didn't like. It functioned fine but the finish was way too smooth/slippery in my opinion. That was an SIS model based on a gun that was supplied to some special LAPD unit.

I've heard all the stories but my experience sure doesn't align with the horror stories.

My guess is like many things most of the people that talk bad about them have probably never owned one. They just repeat what they've heard. It's not a phenomenon that's unique to Kimber. I'm sure some of the stories are legitimate. Kimber makes and sells a very large number of guns so I'm sure a lemon or two gets into the hands of someone.

Just remembered... I took a Micro 9 (forget what model) in trade. I didn't like it, either. Worked fine but the thumb safety and trigger really bit me every time I fired it.

One of the best 1911 pistols I've ever had was an early Warrior. Fantastic gun. I gave it to my son when he was awarded a Bronze Star w/V after the battle of Fallujah. He still has it...and I'm hoping I get to babysit it while he and DiL travel around the country in an RV for a while since his retirement.

MilitantBEEMER

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was a Kimber Master Dealer and a member on the Kimber Dealer Advisory Board (the top 19 Master Dealers from around the country) from about 2001 - 2009. I also had a website that sold only Kimber OEM parts. I have no idea how many Kimber pistols I sold...but it would've been in the hundreds. I never had one complaint from any customer who bought one. Not a single complaint. Most people who bought one, bought a second or even a third. I've owned maybe 20 or more Kimbers and had one that I didn't like. It functioned fine but the finish was way too smooth/slippery in my opinion. That was an SIS model based on a gun that was supplied to some special LAPD unit.

I've heard all the stories but my experience sure doesn't align with the horror stories.

My guess is like many things most of the people that talk bad about them have probably never owned one. They just repeat what they've heard. It's not a phenomenon that's unique to Kimber. I'm sure some of the stories are legitimate. Kimber makes and sells a very large number of guns so I'm sure a lemon or two gets into the hands of someone.

Just remembered... I took a Micro 9 (forget what model) in trade. I didn't like it, either. Worked fine but the thumb safety and trigger really bit me every time I fired it.

One of the best 1911 pistols I've ever had was an early Warrior. Fantastic gun. I gave it to my son when he was awarded a Bronze Star w/V after the battle of Fallujah. He still has it...and I'm hoping I get to babysit it while he and DiL travel around the country in an RV for a while since his retirement.
I own one and it is a rock solid shooter. It is sexy too. :)
A78905FE-56FC-4DB6-9809-C6DC436F9AF5.jpeg

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Kimber screwed up when they tried to go with an External Extractor. They had 4 redesigns. before going back to IE and never looked back. However, the series II system is garbage and isn't needed. If that little mim pin breaks off, you have a paperweight. The non Series II guns are great guns IMO. Speaking from ownership. :D

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yep... The external extractor thing didn't go over well at all even though the vast majority of those guns worked just fine. Luckily, they didn't last long. I also agree about the Series II guns and the added/unnecessary safety...though I wouldn't call the guns garbage.

Fortunately, they've started offering more and more models without the safety. I try to buy the pre-Series II guns when I can.

I just ordered a KDS9C. I can't wait to get it now.

Latest posts

Top Bottom