Kimber Micro 9?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1911master

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Ok, I got to hold one today. Not to rain on anyone's parade but it is nothing more than a Sig 938, Colt Mustang.
It appears to be a well made pistol but it should be for 679.00. I also got the chance to try a Sig 938 mag and it fit like a glove as it should since it's the same mag, lol.
Would I buy one, no. I don't shoot the 938 worth 2 cents and not about to invest this kind of money in a pistol that is nothing more than a 938 even at a cheaper price.
I will stick with my Kahrs. Just my 2 cents.

okeydoke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
if you can't tell the difference between SA and DAO, yes, you might as well stick with the Kahrs. The Micro 9's ducktail frame tang offers better protection for the cocked hammer and for your hand than does the P938. Both guns, tho, need trigger overtravel stops and speed extensions to the thumb safety. Many need skilled ministrations to the trigger pull, too. Get a spare barrel and have it rechambered to take the Starline 9x21 case. That's another .040" of case length. Use it with a very lw bullet that has a giant, cone shaped cavity in its base and you can have 2200 fps and 500 ft lbs of power in your pocket gun, while having no more recoil than a Makarov. Not bad in something that's smaller and lighter than a .38 snub! 45 grs at 2200 fps is what the old .22 Hornet load delivered at 100 yds, where it will dump big canines with authority. At self defense ranges (ie, sub 5 yds) you can get 4 hits in half a second and the split nose offers 2 diverging wound tracks with each hit.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
if you can't tell the difference between SA and DAO, yes, you might as well stick with the Kahrs. The Micro 9's ducktail frame tang offers better protection for the cocked hammer and for your hand than does the P938. Both guns, tho, need trigger overtravel stops and speed extensions to the thumb safety. Many need skilled ministrations to the trigger pull, too. Get a spare barrel and have it rechambered to take the Starline 9x21 case. That's another .040" of case length. Use it with a very lw bullet that has a giant, cone shaped cavity in its base and you can have 2200 fps and 500 ft lbs of power in your pocket gun, while having no more recoil than a Makarov. Not bad in something that's smaller and lighter than a .38 snub! 45 grs at 2200 fps is what the old .22 Hornet load delivered at 100 yds, where it will dump big canines with authority. At self defense ranges (ie, sub 5 yds) you can get 4 hits in half a second and the split nose offers 2 diverging wound tracks with each hit.

You a dog hater? What the hell is wrong with you?

Latest posts

Top Bottom