Kimber Revolver

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

D. Hargrove

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I have this pistol on my list, not the short list as that is full of .45s, but definitely on the list. The S&W 340PD is causing me to do allot of drooling between the two right now. Blonde or brunette???

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have this pistol on my list, not the short list as that is full of .45s, but definitely on the list. The S&W 340PD is causing me to do allot of drooling between the two right now. Blonde or brunette???

The Kimber is better built and there's no question about that, the sights are a huge step above anything S&W puts out. However, there is the obvious difference in weight on the 340pd. The K6s SEEMS lighter than a SP101 but I'm not sure yet. In dry firing the action is buttery smooth and is quite different than the S&W action. It rotates the cylinder and locks up, then fires, whereas the S&W rotates, locks and fires almost in the same action. Some guys have metered the trigger to be actually heavier than the 340pd by 1lb @ 10lbs..... but it sure is smooth.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So I've yet to go to the range as I've been busy. Got a call from Kimber customer service today. They want me to return the gun so that they can put the right loc-tite on the side plate as apparently.. "a small batch of guns left the factory with the wrong loc-tite and the screws have been backing out under heavy loads."

So I get to see how fast/good their CS is.

Snake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
FYI

KIMBER HAS EVOLVED THE REVOLVER The K6s™ revolver brings an unmatched level of performance and shootability to concealed carry. With the smallest cylinder capable of holding 6 rounds of .357 Magnum (also compatible with .38 Special), K6s compact revolvers are ideal for back-up, concealed carry and home defense. The Kimber K6s’ small frame, two-inch barrel and 1.39 inch diameter cylinder are machined from the finest stainless steel for superior integrity, strength, and resistance to the elements. The Kimber K6s offers other important design features, such as: a smooth match-grade trigger that creates confidence while helps ensure accuracy; an internal hammer and edges that are rounded and blended to help prevent a hang up when the revolver is removed from concealment; superior ergonomics and grip design that creates an extremely shooter-friendly experience; and an all stainless steel construction weighing in at 23 ounces. For those who require a small package with mild recoil, K6s provides the power needed for concealed carry, home protection and many other applications. Best off all, they offer unequaled Kimber quality, dependability and performance. Let Kimber re-introduce you to the revolver.
This is like saying Ford has improved the Model T....lol

MrShooter

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
K6S next to my wife's 442

Mine is not a recalled K6s. I called Kimber to check the SN when I bought it, thanks to JD8's post.
I really like the K6s but I must say, I'm not fan of many kimber 1911s. Can't wait to pick up moonclips for it.

Attachments

• IMG_2798.JPG
    IMG_2798.JPG
    69.6 KB · Views: 112
  • IMG_2799.JPG
    IMG_2799.JPG
    52.2 KB · Views: 134
  • IMG_2800.JPG
    IMG_2800.JPG
    76.9 KB · Views: 135

Latest posts

Top Bottom