Kimber Revolver

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

YukonGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've often wondered how often it's been the case that someone actually used a 5-shot revolver where 5 shots wasn't enough but 6 would have been. Given the rarity of needing the gun in the first place, actually needing 1 more round must be extremely rare. Is this simply a "feel-good" thing, and not a practical one?

Okie1907

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
On the LCR, it would require redesigning the entire frame. The LCR cylinder is as small as possible for 5 rounds.

However, given the performance of the LCR, I wonder how an "LMR" (light midsize revolver) would go over, that was sized to be as compact as possible for a 6 round cylinder, and carry over the polymer frame and grip design of the LCR.

I know it would take a redesign but it would be way lighter than the kimber. Honestly my old colt detective isn't that much bigger than a LCR. I think ruger would sell a ton.

Nighthawk

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I guess it would be if your were in a movie like 'Dirty Harry' or want to act like you were in one. Or had a drug store being robbed by two youths. (I hope that comment was not too soon.)

I guess it all comes down to how good a shot are you in a stressful situation, and what is it loaded with?

TallPrairie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am intrigued. An up-market SP101 with 20% more rounds on tap. That's an appealing proposition to revolver fans.

Given the likely street price, I will wait to see the reviews. (Real reviews, not 10 minutes on the range at a trade show.)

Last edited:

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
On the LCR, it would require redesigning the entire frame. The LCR cylinder is as small as possible for 5 rounds.

However, given the performance of the LCR, I wonder how an "LMR" (light midsize revolver) would go over, that was sized to be as compact as possible for a 6 round cylinder, and carry over the polymer frame and grip design of the LCR.

I know it would take a redesign but it would be way lighter than the kimber. Honestly my old colt detective isn't that much bigger than a LCR. I think ruger would sell a ton.

Bumping this.

I got a chance to handle one recently. Very impressed. The pictures made it seem awkward and ungainly. In person it's a sleek attractive piece. Felt surprisingly lighter than I expected. In my mind I had built this up to where I expected it to feel like a brick in the hand. My wife (who very much likes her wheelguns) was quite enamored of it. Still $$$ though!

Still, like Okie1907 and I had mentioned previously, I would love to see a Ruger take on the "LMR" - minimize the size of a 6 shot .357 Magnum revolver, while retaining the design features of the LCR: light polymer frame, post style grip, smooth DA trigger.

Okie1907

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Bumping this.

I got a chance to handle one recently. Very impressed. The pictures made it seem awkward and ungainly. In person it's a sleek attractive piece. Felt surprisingly lighter than I expected. In my mind I had built this up to where I expected it to feel like a brick in the hand. My wife (who very much likes her wheelguns) was quite enamored of it. Still $$$ though!

Still, like Okie1907 and I had mentioned previously, I would love to see a Ruger take on the "LMR" - minimize the size of a 6 shot .357 Magnum revolver, while retaining the design features of the LCR: light polymer frame, post style grip, smooth DA trigger.

Glad it is better in person, maybe they will have a winner but like we both said an LMR would be pretty cool and not much bigger than the LCR. I just think it would compete with the sp101 too much and ruger doesnt have that much overlap in their handguns. Smith has several products that compete with others and I think ruger takes a car manufacture stance in some cases and doesnt want items to compete.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Welp, I bought one. Hopefully I'll get a chance to shoot it soon. It was this or a S&W 340PD. Sportsworld didn't have a S&W without a lock so.....

It's heavy but it's well put together.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Welp, I bought one. Hopefully I'll get a chance to shoot it soon. It was this or a S&W 340PD. Sportsworld didn't have a S&W without a lock so.....

It's heavy but it's well put together.

Please post up a range report as soon as you get the opportunity to shoot it. I did get a chance to handle one today; it is much nicer in person than in a picture. The gun looks well made; substantial even, for its size. I kinda like it...

Latest posts

Top Bottom