Kimber Revolver

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grwd

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
If you are referring to my post there is no way to get 8 .38 caliber rounds into anything even remotely close to a J frame sized cylinder. That's why all of S&W's are N frames. I want an 8 shot revo for USPSA and there are only 3 viable options. A 929 or 2 different 627's and that's it. Ruger could do it, but won't. S&W has the competition market fully monopolized and that pisses me off.
theres not much market there to share

Cowman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have read that Grant Cunningham noted Revolver Smith. Had a lot of input into the development of the pistol. I think I would be more interested in a 9mm. Or heck a quality small frame in 44 special.

Badger308

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have an attorney brother who now owns almost as many guns as I do since the "Obama scare". He thinks Kimbers are awesome. He has no ideal that John browning designed the 1911 and colt made it first or that it's a standardized platform. I'm not sure when Kimber became the under armor brand of the day but yes it will sell like hot cakes I'm sure. Just not to us guys sitting around talking about it on gun forums.

mugsy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I would rather buy a 5-rd S&W Model 60, all steel frame snub nose which I think is a darned reliable and beautiful piece of gun design. I'd also save around $400-$500 on that deal. Even then, I am firmly convinced that the good Lord did not intend for .357 magnum loads to be fired from snubbies.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
Been saying that for years. Why not an LCR? Is .1 inch thar big of a deal?

On the LCR, it would require redesigning the entire frame. The LCR cylinder is as small as possible for 5 rounds.

However, given the performance of the LCR, I wonder how an "LMR" (light midsize revolver) would go over, that was sized to be as compact as possible for a 6 round cylinder, and carry over the polymer frame and grip design of the LCR.

Latest posts

Top Bottom