Know What The $%^% is Down Range!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eagle Eye

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is f'd up!

I agree with Shadowrider (I knew that day would come eventually :D)

If i knew they wouldn't spin it into some crazy story, i would have called the media already. But know knows what story they will actually tell.

RETOKSQUID

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Bad bad bad situation, glad you and your's are alright.

Mental note, if house is taking rounds from some moron, call 911 on the house phone, yell that your house taking rounds from an active shooter, drop the phone, take cover and then call again on cell phone. Might get them there quicker.

Eagle Eye

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Bad bad bad situation, glad you and your's are alright.

Mental note, if house is taking rounds from some moron, call 911 on the house phone, yell that your house taking rounds from an active shooter, drop the phone, take cover and then call again on cell phone. Might get them there quicker.

**** I would tell 911 that I am preparing to defend myself, get my family in a safe spot, get my rifle try to locate the threat.
I would stay on the line with 911 and keep them updated "I see the people shooting at my house...." "I can stop the threat right now!!!!"..... then ask "what should I do????"

.... they would have swarmed

makeithappen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Don't have a home phone. My response next time will be somewhat different. He's been made aware and got out of it by lying.

I measured on Google maps from his likely target location to my back porch: 315ft. Only 453ft from his house to mine.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I measured on Google maps from his likely target location to my back porch: 315ft. Only 453ft from his house to mine.

Okay that's a criminal level of stupid right there. I know a 7.62 will go over 5 miles and a 5.56 will likely go at least 2/3 of that. You are talking just over 100 YARDS! I'd light his ass up with the sheriff. I had no idea you were that close because that level of stupid is hard to comprehend.

makeithappen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just received a call from the sheriff's office. They're not charging him with anything because he was "firing downhill, had a small berm and couldn't see our house from his property."

Awesome. Guess I'll note that for next time it happens. Pitiful.

-Pjackso

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
He tried to say it was a 9mm being fired and that he "didn't think the houses that way were lived in."

Wow, so he even admitted that he knew the house was there ...and still did it anyways?
Then, he only provided 'speculation' that there was no residence?

So intentional destruction of property, followed up with negligent endangerment?

...And the supervisor closed the case?
If he doesn't have a damned good reason - I'd be taking this up with his supervisor.

Best of luck. Glad you're safe.

makeithappen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Can't show intent because he can't see my house from where he was shooting. That makes it ok, apparently.

I'm pretty disappointed that the sheriff's office was willing to write this off so casually.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just received a call from the sheriff's office. They're not charging him with anything because he was "firing downhill, had a small berm and couldn't see our house from his property."

Awesome. Guess I'll note that for next time it happens. Pitiful.

Well they have a record of it now, hopefully it won't turn into a next time. I would at least follow through with your insurance company, I think they will pursue it through his insurance or him. Maybe an increase in his premiums will educate him a little?

Latest posts

Top Bottom