Know What The $%^% is Down Range!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

makeithappen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nothing was done by the law and he was informed by them how he was in the wrong.

I decided not to pursue anything against him at this time. Should it occur again, I have a plan.

Pokinfun

The Most Interesting Man in the World
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am with you, I would not go to the guys house. If he was a standup guy, he would have came over apologized and volunteered to pay for the damage. If you go over to his house, he calls the police and you get arrested or shot. I would get my house fixed and take him to small claims court.
Regardless, if he could see your house or not, he still damaged your property.

TJay74

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok, legally the guy cant shoot the OP for coming onto his property. The laws in Oklahoma do not give you blanket coverage to shoot someone just because they stepped onto your property. So if the OP wants to knock on the guys door and try to work it out as an adult, legally that would be fine. Now that doesn't take into count if the neighbor is off his rocker and wants to illegally shoot the OP. Just saying, you cant legally shoot someone just because they came onto your property.

Secondly the OP isn't going to get arrested for going onto the property, at a minimum I believe the neighbor would have to call the police and file a trespassing complaint first. The OP would be notified by the responding officer to leave and not come back, then after that if the OP came back he could be arrested.

With that if it was me I would be on his property with the repair quote, police report and a letter from my attorney stating since the gunfire came from his property and he (the neighbor) is responsible for the actions of people on his property shooting that he will need to pay for repairs either by having his insurance company handle the process of by his own accord out of pocket. If he refuses or tells the OP to pound sand then go small claims court and move on.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, now, don't I feel like the fool. I had two clear shots on coyotes and didn't take them because my dad's workshop was in the background on one and his neighbor's cattle were in the background on the other. I guess I should've just taken the shots and not worried about where the bullets were gonna go.

Out of curiosity, what's the section road off the right edge of the pic? I wonder if someone here might know the guy...

blazeitornot

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am with you, I would not go to the guys house. If he was a standup guy, he would have came over apologized and volunteered to pay for the damage. If you go over to his house, he calls the police and you get arrested or shot. I would get my house fixed and take him to small claims court.
Regardless, if he could see your house or not, he still damaged your property.

You can't expect the dude to come and apologize after he had 911 dialed on him. Why go to OPs house and possibly incriminate himself? Does anyone deserve respect for hiding in their home while making an officer handle their business?

mugsy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You can't expect the dude to come and apologize after he had 911 dialed on him. Why go to OPs house and possibly incriminate himself? Does anyone deserve respect for hiding in their home while making an officer handle their business?

Some might look at an incident between neighbors that involves gunfire as more than just private business. In any event that point is moot now. He has to move on from where he is not where you'd like him to be.

CharlieAble

Marksman
Reaction score

Yes he deserves much respect. What would your solution be? Go over with guns blazing?

blazeitornot

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes he deserves much respect. What would your solution be? Go over with guns blazing?
Wow! How about go and talk to him about it, maybe work out a resolution and possibly have a teachable moment. You're not under constant invasion in your fake castle and the cops aren't your personal knights. When the hell did narcissistic yuppies takeover Mayberry Oklahoma?

CharlieAble

Marksman
Reaction score
Wow! How about go and talk to him about it, maybe work out a resolution and possibly have a teachable moment. You're not under constant invasion in your fake castle and the cops aren't your personal knights. When the hell did narcissistic yuppies takeover Mayberry Oklahoma?

Ok I understand now. Someone has just fired shots hitting my home where my wife and kids are. Now I am going to go over (in the heat of the moment) and discuss reasonably the error of his ways.
Just let me know how that works?

Latest posts

Top Bottom