KOCO Channel 5 TV morning host says her black co-anchor looks like a 'gorilla' during a news segment

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1911Sooner

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
n Oklahoma City news anchor apologized to her black co-host on Friday after comparing him to a gorilla during a last week segment.

Alex Housden, morning anchor for KOCO-TV, had made the comparison with her co-anchor - Jason Hackett - while the duo reported on a young gorilla at the Oklahoma City Zoo on Thursday.

Housden told Hackett that the primate 'kind of looks like you' to which her co-anchor quickly responded 'he kind of does, actually yeah.'

17756852-7400175-image-a-88_1566934610695.jpg

Video

Video of the awkward exchange soon went viral on social media, with several users decrying the anchor's remarks.

On Friday, she apologized to 'one of my best friends for the past year and a half.'

'I'm here this morning because I want to apologize, not only to my coworker Jason, but to our entire community,' she said during the Friday segment. 'I said something yesterday that was inconsiderate, it was inappropriate and I hurt people.

She continued: I want you to know I understand how much I hurt you all out there and how much I hurt you. I would never do anything on purpose to hurt you.

17757144-7400175-image-m-90_1566935025319.jpg

Housden stressed that she loved her community and apologized from the bottom of her heart.

Apology video
Video

Hackett accepted his co-host's apology and cosigned that the two had a fantastic relationship.

'What she said yesterday was wrong,' he said in response. It cut deep for me and a lot of you in the community.'

Grendelshooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Dude, there is never an appropriate time for a white person to compare a black person to a gorilla in public and on live TV.

Why?
Explain exactly why whites must be muzzled.
No one thinks twice about publishing articles encouraging white women to abort their white sons in the womb, no one cares that a CNN anchor goes on TV and celebrates the declining white population, and no one cares when whites are told that they are all evil oppressors.

But we are supposed to curtail our own speech so the people who want us extinct don’t get their feels hurt?

Latest posts

Top Bottom